Will Gundogan ever get the credit and love he deserves?

He will be appreciated more when he has gone , a few on here had the knives out for him for far too long , he didnt set the world on fire when he came to the club after a long run of injuries at Dortmund , but over the last three seasons he is in the top half dozen players at the club , massive influence on a lot of games and scorer of vital goals.
The £25m he cost has to be one of the best the club has ever spent , and dont forget when his contract came to an end he didnt hawk himself around other clubs or made waves , he got on with it signed a new four year deal when he could have left for nothing within a few months
He wont get a statue , but he will be remembered as a vital part of our trophy laden years.

There's a video of him taking the u16 team training session put on City's website recently, as someone else mentioned I think he will make a great manager. He has an amazing football brain, I would love to see him manage us one day, he won't be a twat either like that Klopp, a Volkswagon mark 2 of Pep!

A fantastic assured maestro who is criminally underrated. I always feel we will control the game better with him on the park. Certainly rather have him on the field when looking to keep a lead than KDB who for me gets forward of the ball too often and on occasion fails to run back.

I know someone who worked with the playing squad at City for a few decades, who says Ilkay Gundogan is the nicest and most down-to-Earth guy we’ve ever had at City (with Nedum Onuoha being up there with him).
Heard similar about Gundo (along with Bernardo and Mario!). Heard Nasri was a right diva to deal with. Heard this from someone in the kitchen staff.

Last two season he has been especially good. He’s become a lot more like Dave in that left role where he just finds pockets of space in the final third that absolutely kill the opposition.

A vastly underrated player who always keeps the team ticking over with his passing and movement. Always times his runs into the box perfectly and could or probably should have had a couple of goals tonight.
Surprised he hasn't been used as the false nine more often.

Fantastic player and was very excited when we signed him.

Must be unique in fact he’s an undoubted success, but his greatest game at the Etihad was for the opposition. If anyone remembers that Dortmund game he destroyed as we where completely outplayed despite a 1-1 draw.

This is usually reserved for the likes of Wilfred Bony type signings that don’t work out.

When we signed him
The only time I've agreed with the ginger toe suckered was
CITY have done the best business in the transfer window signing him. CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.