will one follow the other - and vice versa

tommcfc said:
gh_mcfc said:
sorry to dissapoint but if we want to get were we want to be we need superstars and "workers"

however its easier to get the best workers if we have a few superstars. Its also easier to get the workers to work knowing they have the best players to pass the ball to.

To say we dont need stars is ridiculous. We need as many who can play in the team and as a team as possible. We have to raise the profile of the club. This is done by winning and by having the best players. Hopefully one shoud follow the other.

We need a good mix but we do most definatenly need superstars

the majority of superstars are luxury players and you don't need all that many
3-4 at most

look at the best teams

ac milan - ronaldinho, kaka
real madrid- casillas
barcelona- messi, henry, eto'o
valencia- silva, villa
inter- adriano, ibrahimovic
chelski- drogba, lampard
liverpool- torres, gerrard

not masses of superstars just a few

however, robinho, kaka and villa would do for me

Which was really the point of the post . do you think kaka will follow villa or vice versa. I agree 4 or five stars max depending on the type of player they are and where they play.

I am very pleased we got RobinHood in Summer because without him, I think we would now be attracting the wrong kind of player. We need another to cement the intention of buying the best. I don't subscribe to the superstar/luxury player argument. I would prefer to identify top quality players from anywhere in all positions, sprinkled with a little home grown talent (you never know what those clowns at UEFA/FIFA would get up to) and let Hughes meld them into a powerful squad, with cameradierie, harmony and brotherly love emanating throughout. No matter what the cost, they are prepared to run off their collective bollocks for us the fans.

If you look at our team excluding defenders we already have Ireland, SWP and Kompany...one more defensive midfielder and possibly one top class box-to-box midfielder and we'd be free then to buy 4/5 superstars in my opinion.

Then we have the defence which is a whole different ball game.

Bluemoon115 said:
We don't need superstars, we need solid defenders that will allow our attackers to attack.

I agree our defenders have let in some right bleeding howlers this year that have cost us dearly. By my calculations we've lost around 8 points because of defensive errors, which would of had us in 7th place on around 30 points. While at the other end of the pitch were banging them in for fun (38 goals in the prem).

Although tbh I'd like to see kompany dropped back to CB and us signing a replacement for him as DM. As i think his defensive abilities and distribution skills are exactly what we need ATM in the back line (shame we cant get a couple of clones of him lol).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.