Pep's contract situation

How do you know?
Widely reported by the journos that City actually trust (few and far between!!) like Mullock and Blackburn. Not by any means saying it was a mutiny, or that they wanted him out then or want him out now, it's just an example of their thoughts on his tactical unpredictability.

What has he done since to show he was? He peaked in 2012 and his style of play only works when we actually win trophies because otherwise it was just insipid. Might have bought himself a bit more time if he wasn't an arsehole but he turned everyone against him.

People just get nostalgic because of what he won us at a time when we weren't winning anything. Oh and he had a pair of bollocks.

Bobby Manc would have changed that formation after 25 minutes last night. He was not afraid to pull someone off in the first half, or even sub a sub. He would not have wasted an hour.

I don't want Pep to go, but he needs to stop messing with the line ups. This season, we made more changes to the starting eleven than any other team. One thing any great team needs is defensive stability and you build from there. Pep will totally change the full backs or the defence, even if they have had a great game previously. All the great teams in history have had a solid and stable defence. We chop and change every single week. Our best spells under Pep have been when we have had continuity in defence. Last seasons run in being a case in point. Pep is like a cricketer trying to bowl a different ball every delivery.

Lost the players?
On the basis of last night plus the FA cup semi?
I think our players deserve a little more credit than that....
Your quoting that in isolation doesnt take the context of it into account. I was in an exchange with someone else. It also says IF he has lost the players

All true, but surely a better way of achieving the goal of nullifying Lyon’s counterattacking threat, would have been to keep Walker and Cancelo back alongside the centre halves, or include Walker in the back 3, not pick 3 chronically slow centre halves and then deploy 2 more equally immobile holding midfielders in front of them. It was a disaster from the start and the only man who seems not to have seen it coming is the one man who should have

Well I would imagine Pep wanted Walkers pace to nullify the threat of the left wingback (Cornet) and I think, even with Walkers pace, if you choose not to run or mark as he did for the first goal he would not be ideal for centre half. Pep clearly does not fancy him there as with all the injury problems in that position he has never been utilised.

Your correct we do have a number of slow players in DM and CM. If thats an issue I think that is a recruitment question, not particular to last night.

Bobby Manc would have changed that formation after 25 minutes last night.

Oh please, the guy would have got it to 1-1 and brought Kev off for Otamendi.

Maybe we would have done better in the game last night given that he actually knew how to set up a defence instead of resorting to cramming it but chances are we wouldn't have made it past Real or out of the group stage.

I get the criticism of Pep and I agree with it but "Bobby Manc" wasn't a tactical genius and people seem to pretend he had less and less faults the further away we get from his reign. He was the right manager for us for a time and nothing more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.