Pep's contract situation

The Lyon selection, performance and result did us enormous harm in my opinion.

Time will tell, starting on Monday.
This. We had won titles and cups with Robby and Pellers. Our owners think big. Regardless of how little some of our fans rate the CL, Pep was brought in to win precisely that, and I'm sure they were none too happy after whatever the hell that was.
Whether or not the above statement and this Pep thing are related I would never speculate, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Pep's the best manager in the world but he works best in 3-4 year stints, too much fatigue from everyone involved to always keep going again with same mental readyness.
So then it's best to have the best manager in the world leave and have an inferior one left to deal with fatigued, mentally unready players?

So then it's best to have the best manager in the world leave and have an inferior one left to deal with fatigued, mentally unready players?
It's not so much about mentally unready players but players fatigued by one style and manager's requirements. This doesn't happen with every manager but there is plenty of evidence there is burnout by both players and manager in Pep's intense style of management. He is not unique, other managers like Bielsa have the same trait.
A fresh manager makes a huge difference. The entire feeling around the dressing room changes, all the baggage over the 5 years is gone and suddenly everyone is starting out from 0.

Now whether this freshness can translate into a success depends on multiple factors, including the quality of manager, but it is something I feel like we need. Giving small extensions to a relationship that is bound to end soon will not help us.

I said it earlier. A 1 year extension doesn't cut it and if that's what he comes back with when asked we should say thanks for the memories and move on.

He commits for a 2/3 year deal or nothing.
Spot on.

One year does nothing for the club, for players thinking about signing new contracts/leaving, and most importantly for fans.

I said it earlier. A 1 year extension doesn't cut it and if that's what he comes back with when asked we should say thanks for the memories and move on.

He commits for a 2/3 year deal or nothing.

That window for Messi was key and it not happening has hurt everything imo.

I sort of agree but the season starts on Monday so unfortunately it’s too late

The club should be in this position. The club should be working on the whims of a mad man(in the nicest possible terms)

For example, if the club want Sancho but Guardiola doesn’t like him then he should be politely asked to either sign a long term extension or shown the door. We can’t we turning down players that could be great for 10 years on the strength of a manager that could walk out the door in less than 10 months

I sort of agree but the season starts on Monday so unfortunately it’s too late

The club should be in this position. The club should be working on the whims of a mad man(in the nicest possible terms)

For example, if the club want Sancho but Guardiola doesn’t like him then he should be politely asked to either sign a long term extension or shown the door. We can’t we turning down players that could be great for 10 years on the strength of a manager that could walk out the door in less than 10 months
We allegedly I might add have lost one high quality player ( Sane) because of Pep.

If Sane knew Pep was leaving in 12 months , might he have signed a contract extension?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.