Bascially in midfield we have to accomodate at the moment :

SWP
Petrov
Elano
Ireland
Barry
De Jong
Robinho
Plus Johnson (Probably go out on loan if he ever gets himself fit)

7 World class midfield players brilliant. Then you have

Tevez
Bellamy
RSC
Adabayor (Almost certainly)
Bojinov
Caicedo

Assuming Evans and Benjani are sold still top heavy there. Bojinov will probably want to go.

Thats still 7 excellent players who cant get in the first team so a full outfield bench before you have defensive cover....

Richards
Nedum
Zabs
Bridge
Kompany (Got to assume hes a centre half now)
Dunne
Terry (or another quality centre half)
Lescott (or another quality centre half)
Garrido

So I make that 12 outfield players chasing a bench spot not including young players comming through. Only 6 sub places. Looking at it logically the following will be leaving the club this summer :

Think will be sold : Dunne, Garrido, Elano, Evans, Benjani, Ethhu

Out on Loan

Johnson, Caicedo (possibly assuming we can recall if required)

Even with those players leaving you still have 3 pros who wont be able to get on the bench every match. Kompany missings start of the season so thats 2 left Caicedo + another - we will pick up injuries. going to be very interesting thats some squad we have now.

The main contenders for the best 22 at the moment, for me would be:

GK - Given / Taylor
RB - Richards / Zabaleta
RCB - Onuoha / Dunne
LCB - Kompany /
LB - Bridge / Garrido
CDM - Barry / De Jong
CM - Ireland / Elano
RM - Wright-Phillips /
LM - Robinho / Petrov
ST - Tevez / Bellamy
CF - Santa-Cruz / Ade

Bojinov, Caicedo, Dunne, Elano and a few more you mentioned may well move on.

I think Sweep will be a key member of the team. It will be really interesting to see how we line-up vs Blackburn.

That was to show 2 players per position, not that we'll necessarily play 4-4-2. It's much more likely we'll play 4-3-3/4-5-1.

An old fashioned 442 with two wingers, SWP on the right and Petrov on the left with Adebayour and RSC up top, Barry and De jong holding midfield together, SWP tracking back covering right, Barry covering left, De jong in the centre. Only an option.

Yup, we've certainly got plenty of options. I like your idea, that's how I'd got us lining up with SWP in the team. My other formations like 4-3-3 mean leaving SWP on the bench.

Rammyblues said:
An old fashioned 442 with two wingers, SWP on the right and Petrov on the left with Adebayour and RSC up top, Barry and De jong holding midfield together, SWP tracking back covering right, Barry covering left, De jong in the centre. Only an option.

It is an option but i wouldnt like to see the reaction if hughes put that team out against blackburn. No ireland, tevez or robinho. So good to have so many top class players at the club that we cant pick our best team!

i think when we sign adebayor we will definately play 4 3 3 as we will have five quality forwards and will want to play 3 of them, also robinho naturally plays that inside left position

first choice will be robbie adebayor tevez with rsc and bellamy for back up(african nations, injuries, suspensions) the advantage swp has is he is very adaptable and doesnt have to play right wing only, for chelsea his best games were when he played inside of joe cole in a midfield three. dependent on opponents hughes could use several combinations of the midfield three

de jong barry ireland
barry ireland swp
de jong barry swp any numerous combo's really

this covers well for suspensions, injuries and keeping things fresh

swp has also played right back so i think he should get plenty of games

i think the likes of caceido,evans,benjani,elano and a number of others will probably be sold

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.