Will the hatred finally fire up our fans?

Hopefully!

I think a lot of the shit we’ve faced has had a negative affect on many fans.

Yeah we faced some bad times in the ’80s and ’90s but it wasn’t always wave after wave of shit. Promotion seasons are pretty much as enjoyable as top tier title wins, we had seasons where we finished 5th 8th 9th, and there are always good wins and runs of form even in relegation season to keep you going.

But in the last decade, the constant waves of abuse and lies from rival fans and the media; the constant threat of The Cartel making rules up to stop us, and the constant threat of us failing those rules because they move the goalposts or hack us and ban us on selected sentences from clipped emails as “evidence”; some of the ridiculous decisions we’ve faced on the pitch over the years, and the constant feeling that VAR can do us over more than ever...

has brow beaten many fans more than the ’80s and ’90s did. And why wouldn’t it, it’s been every single fucking day for over a decade!

Yes, the fantastic football, the fantastic wins and winning trophies is all...fantastic! You hear that in our best atmospheres when it really matters we make as much noise as any fans around, and our end of season parties are something special!

But even then, the day we won the the Prem (or was it the FA Cup) last season. Roan came out moaning about human rights abuses in the UAE and connecting it to City and City fans.

I see Roan didn’t do the same thing the other week when Liverpool won the league, linking them and their fan base to their main sponsor, Standard Chartered, being done for investing in terrorist groups and money laundering did he?!

And we still have more cases to come: it’s the Premier League’s case with us next... but we’ve ticked off wins against the FA, FIFA and UEFA! so maybe now we can start to galvanise as a fanbase and show the team and the club how much this win meant to us by being more upbeat in the ground from week-to-week, not just for the big games!

We’ve got 8 clear rivals now. No disputing it, they all signed the letter. We know who they are and we can make their visit to the Etihad as uncomfortable for their team and fans as possible every time they visit from now on.

Let the hate come out in our atmospheres!

I will also add: the club could do something to really give us an even bigger feel good factor n’all.

I’ve seen dozens of people from my group of mates, family or just people who’ve sat near me in the ground; all fall away from our support over the years because of the prices of tickets, being moved (with no guarantee they’d be given seats next to mates, or at all, elsewhere) to accommodate corporates or the Family Stand. And I know some others who moved away from their mates to sit in SSL3 leaving groups of mates split-up around the ground.

News of ticket price freezes for the next five years (United have frozen prices for the last 11 years) would do an awful lot to the mood of our fan base!

News of a new stand that will be used as a proper home end for vocal fans, that won’t get moved or diluted for Cup games, for the first time since 1994, would be a huge boost for our fan base! I even know lads who’ve stopped going who’d come back if that happened!

Last edited by a moderator:
Although we all feel hatred for he clubs that have tried to stab us in the back. The best revenge is to beat them on the pitch. Violence of any kind from us, not only gives our precious club a bad name, it also makes us no better than them. Winning is our revenge.

The bigger issue is how the club could use the COVID-19 situation to scrap away fans attending on a merit based system. Away allocation will most likely be zero or reduced for a while next season, and the could use this to accelerate their phasing out of points.

Probably best to see a bit of separation between the actions of club owners and their supporters (only where due of course).
As example, I would think that the vast majority of Newcastle supporters are appalled by their fat tw@t owner signing the blood letter.
I must admit that I’m struggling for another clear example but I’m sure you get my drift.

While the hatred towards our club is nothing new, it has intensified since yesterday's announcement.

We all love City but have at times been a passive bunch with the exception of derbies or Dipper games. Admittedly some of that can be attributed to being the victim of circumstance - design of the stadium, singers being split up etc.

Do we think the hate and bile being flung in our direction will be the rocket we need to become more consistently vocal (when we are allowed back in the ground)?
Very much, and very revengeful

While the hatred towards our club is nothing new, it has intensified since yesterday's announcement.

We all love City but have at times been a passive bunch with the exception of derbies or Dipper games. Admittedly some of that can be attributed to being the victim of circumstance - design of the stadium, singers being split up etc.

Do we think the hate and bile being flung in our direction will be the rocket we need to become more consistently vocal (when we are allowed back in the ground)?

Definitely. It’s a great pity games are currently being played behind closed doors, cos I think even the least animated of Blues would have rallied behind Pep and the boys for the remainder of the season. I want to turn the Etihad into a bear pit and especially for those wankers who sit in the press box

So important,we need to be more vocal, we need to put fear into teams, fans, press, the lot, when they turn up at City,(No Violence) We have become passive, there are many reasons for this but we have to forget this, and remember what has been said by the press and all our rivals. We need to become the 12th man at every game, not just the Derby or Big Game, every game, lets show the Football world that we will never FORGIVE or FORGET what they have put us through, we have all suffered this injustice, Stick Together, be very proud of who we are, Come on City, We fight to the End.

We are now at a crescendo for the support of our club

The club should work with the fans and listen to what we want and how we can go together

First thing is to stop the over bearing videos prior to kick off

Just let us at the bastards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.