Will the targets change?

bluemooninho

I know we have blown a bit hot and cold this season at times but based on recent performances, it looks like we are finding a good habit of being consistent. We are still in 3 separate cup competitions and have a great shout at winning the PL. IMO we have a good chance of getting 3 of those titles.

But, if we were to win the PL, FA Cup and CO cup;

- do you think the '5 trophies in 5 years' target set at the beginning of the season would be revised?
- Would the expectations of the owners be raised?
- Do you think that Pellegrini would last if he only got 2 more trophies in the next 4 years?

bluemooninho said:
I know we have blown a bit hot and cold this season at times but based on recent performances, it looks like we are finding a good habit of being consistent. We are still in 3 separate cup competitions and have a great shout at winning the PL. IMO we have a good chance of getting 3 of those titles.

But, if we were to win the PL, FA Cup and CO cup;

- do you think the '5 trophies in 5 years' target set at the beginning of the season would be revised?
- Would the expectations of the owners be raised?
- Do you think that Pellegrini would last if he only got 2 more trophies in the next 4 years?
Didn't Soriano say the League Cup didn't count towards the '5 in 5'? I'd say the targets will change though, they're always flexible those kind of things. Imagine for example we won 4 trophies and lost an F.A. cup final and a Champions League final in 4 years? Sacked?

The "5 in 5" line was never a realistic target, just a line trotted out for the media, to manage expectations.

You can bet your bottom dollar the club's ambitions are much higher and more specific, and will relate to premier league and champions league success. I'm sure Pellegrini's task is to make us one of the European powerhouses as quickly as possible. So far so good of course. The trophies are coming...lots of them.

We won the league ahead of schedule, so targets invariably change. Moreover, the targets are for the club, not simply for MP, since he is but one cog, admittedly an important one, in the wheel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.