Will this be our biggest away following since colour telly?

Bluep*ss said:
Blue Streak said:
How many did we have at Wembley for Gillingham because I doubt it will beat that?

I remember that both teams were allocated 35,000 each and many City fans were amazed that Gillingham would get near that.I was reported in the press that gillingham went on open sale only a few days after they opened the sale of tickets. Again, if I remember correctly City had to have "points" to get a ticket. It was reported that the attendance of 77,000 was the biggest for a play-off final at the time.Many fans of ours in the London and South East areas managed to obtain tickets down there. It was estimated (by whom??) that City had 45,000 fans there.

Was it not season ticket hoders first followed by a decreasing number of tokens. Grief a points system at Maine Road would have filled so many pages and hours on here! But I may be wrong

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
Bluep*ss said:
Blue Streak said:
How many did we have at Wembley for Gillingham because I doubt it will beat that?

I remember that both teams were allocated 35,000 each and many City fans were amazed that Gillingham would get near that.I was reported in the press that gillingham went on open sale only a few days after they opened the sale of tickets. Again, if I remember correctly City had to have "points" to get a ticket. It was reported that the attendance of 77,000 was the biggest for a play-off final at the time.Many fans of ours in the London and South East areas managed to obtain tickets down there. It was estimated (by whom??) that City had 45,000 fans there.

Was it not season ticket hoders first followed by a decreasing number of tokens. Grief a points system at Maine Road would have filled so many pages and hours on here! But I may be wrong

yep season tickets first

queued up from about 4am (could have been earlier) for a ticket

I would say Gillingham 99 was our biggest recent away day following too.

80k final old Wembley Capacity, no blaggers, easy 40k Blues there that day.

But i think this final will push that number very close, 32-33k official fans and the corps and unoffica'sl on top, will surely push it up by another 10k at least?

One things for sure, when looking back over it in 10 years time, 80k will claim to have gone!!!

bellbuzzer said:
what about 1956 against brum, it was rammed

Colour Telly mate....

Gillingham game seems favorite (missed that one due to a holiday booked funnily enough the Monday after we lost at York) but with all the talk of extra tickets, Club Wembley and loads of us in the Wigan end.....

blue b4 the moon said:
bellbuzzer said:
what about 1956 against brum, it was rammed

Colour Telly mate....

Gillingham game seems favorite (missed that one due to a holiday booked funnily enough the Monday after we lost at York) but with all the talk of extra tickets, Club Wembley and loads of us in the Wigan end.....

ok thought it was the first final broadcast in colour , for some reason, also our allocation was in the 20's so will never know anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.