Will VAR lead to increased football violence?

Genuinely surprised at how many people seem to be ready to make excuses for this kind of behaviour.

Ultimately if you're a big enough man to punch a fan of another team in the head because they were a bit mean to you, you should at least be a big enough man to take full responsibility for your actions. Blaming violent behaviour on VAR is beyond pathetic.

With or without VAR .. if you go somewhere and intaganise a crowd then you can’t be surprised when a few of the crowed who are emotionaly charged lash our.. there’s a time and a place .. if some muppet gave you greef stood at a bus stop then you would not just stand there and take it... you wouldn’t go to a funeral and start taking the piss out of the greving family and expect to get away with it.. yep it wasn’t a funeral but emotions was just as much charged so any spurs ballooning did deserve what they got, and all the righteous ones saying otherwise should have a look at themselves and ask where is my breaking point coz you will all have one, then try listen to mr righteousness no2 telling you you crossed the line ..

Genuinely surprised at how many people seem to be ready to make excuses for this kind of behaviour.

Ultimately if you're a big enough man to punch a fan of another team in the head because they were a bit mean to you, you should at least be a big enough man to take full responsibility for your actions. Blaming violent behaviour on VAR is beyond pathetic.
What do you mean by excuses?

VAR definitely wound people up at the end of the game last night, but I thought the whole game was a strange atmosphere. For the 1st match of the season I was expecting it to be bouncing but it was quiet for large parts. People flooding out on 82 minutes and also at the back of 317/318 a handful of idiots making hissing gas noises and shouts of Munichs left a sour taste in the mouth.

OK they have finally won; football is dead to me, blood is still boiling but seriously considering jacking it all in. Not good for my health this!

How can they have destroyed this beautiful sport we love?

I think as a bunch of supporters we need to make a stand, not sure what we can do, match boycott, March on West Minister, we must do something.

The way I feel right now and I'm sure I'm not alone, this will be my last season as a season card holder and actually want to give the game up for good.

How long before violence creeps back into football, opposition fans goading us again and again.
Heard a Spurs fan was thrown in the canal last night, I can only see serious violence escalating, I think football is at a very dangerous point here, I'm normally a very calm person but was not sane of mind last night and know if I had been involved in an altercation that I wouldn't have been able to control my anger and may have kicked to kill. How long before a referee is attacked or VAR referee is attacked. You can't play with people's emotions like that!

Removed myself from social media for a few days, physically sick and disgusted

I was there, it kicked off a bit. I'm older now so wanted nothing of it, I still felt sick to the stomach though and wasn't surprised at all that punches were thrown.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.