Will Vieira Start?

If Ireland is not available then he will slot in in midfield

Adds to the strength of the squad. And if he is fully recovered from injuries, then he will improve the first 11 as well.

May put more pressure on the wide players

hgblue said:
de niro said:
i can see no reason for this signing tbh.

Great player. Bags of Premier League experience. Born winner. Never finished outside top 3. Born leader. Worked with the manager before. Instantly respected by the rest of the squad. Champions League experience. Were you being ironic?

no, just can't see who would make way for him. i thinking maybe move barry in to the back 4 if required and slot viera in centre mid. other than that i'm stuck.

I wouldn't start him when we have a fully fit squad. But he'd be great to bring on for the last 20 or so minutes to protect a lead.

Vieira has come to play and Mancini likes a more controlled defensive approach so what's wrong with 3 controlling midfield players in the same team if we win games?

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Vieira has come to play and Mancini likes a more controlled defensive approach so what's wrong with 3 controlling midfield players in the same team if we win games?

I've just started my third doctoral thesis on "Why three controlling midfielders is a really bad idea"

No, in my eye's he's here to provide back up to DJ whilst Kompany is playing so well in defence. I also reckon he's here for after his playing days are over, I've got a sneeky feeling Mancini's got his eye on him for a coaching role when he's retired.

Personally I don't think he`d have the legs to be running round midfield.

But he has got the experience, height and winning mentality to play central defender during our current crisis.

A John Terry type character aswell, that we've been lacking all season!

I have been thinking along the same lines as De Niro.

My only explaination is not long ago we were thinking about Toure going to the ANC and that was it. Bang - out go Lescott, Bridge, Ned and Micah carrying knocks.

Sooner or later NDJ is going to get suspended, Barry too probably - put this with a couple of slight injuries and we have a crisis on our hands like we have at the back now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.