Will Vieira Start?

de niro said:
i can see no reason for this signing tbh.

De Niro

I was of the same thinking mate, but, think back to the Wolves game, we had no height in midfield, with VK playing CH, the Boro game was even more obvious, he started with Zab in midfield and VK at the back we weren't winning any balls in the air so he swapped them and moved VK into midfield and Zab to RB with Micah in the centre till he went off.

For me we don't have the biggest midfield and whilst Barry wins his share of headers, i think he's being brought in to add height, can't see him starting every game and someone has mentioned about us walking a yellow card tightrope too.

Not going to be a gamble, seems a logical signing to me, as long as he's physically up to it.

People really need to get over this fascination with Barry at left back. He is not a left back ffs. Bridge and even Lescott are far superior to barry in that position, Barry is a midfielder he will play in midfield. We currently have 3 players for 3 positions we need reinforcements. I don't believe Mancini will have to make a decision on his best 3 from 4 all season as there is always injuries/suspensions. Vieira has been injured an awful lot during his time in italy who's to say he will get himself fit enough to have a decent run of games?

4-3-1-2

----------------Given-----------------

--Richards---Toure---Lescott---Bridge-

------De Jong---Vieria---Barry--------

--------------Ireland----------------

---------Tevez------Adebayor-------

Subs:
Kompany
Bellamy (to come on in the latter stages)
SWP
RSC (to come on in the latter stages)
Taylor (shit I know, but incase Given got injured)
Zabs (to come on in the latter stages)
Petrov
That squad is top and no-one can argue with it.

No, imo he is here to bring hight and experience to our midfield. If we are 1-0 up and 10 mins to go, I would expect Vieira would have already come on. I would rather have De-Jong play in that position because of what he has done for the club over this season. He is a great addition, but will not start evry game.

LCBblue said:
4-3-1-2

Subs:
Kompany
SWP
Weiss

good team, but no width and very little creativity, everything is to narrow and compact, teams will work us out far to easy with that.

LCBblue said:
4-3-1-2

Personally I sincerely doubt that your back four will ever play together again. Also, Kompany will soon become a permanent fixture...and for the umpteenth time, its Vieira not Vieria or Viera. Show some respect!

Freestyler said:
LCBblue said:
4-3-1-2

Subs:
Kompany
SWP
Weiss

good team, but no width and very little creativity, everything is to narrow and compact, teams will work us out far to easy with that.
Forgot to mention that Bridge and Richards act like wingbacks in that team. If Richards isnt fit enough for that then maybe SWP could. He did under Keegan. Was impressive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.