Will we learn from the mistakes?

Rhapsody in Blue

Team supported
Manchester City
Apart from the League Cup title this season has been a shambles in many ways. It's still not that much time that has passed since the takeover and if we consider us still being work in progress (with a lot of success on the way), do you think our owners will learn from the obvious mistakes that have been done and that this season is the last hurdle on the road to world domination?

I'm thinking mistakes such as the danger in not strengthening with top players every season (and letting the core age/lose hunger which could be argued happened after the 2012 title), the whole managerial debacle with an interim manager that is clearly not good enough, injuries, core values/fighting spirit vs growing on an international level.

I'm sure our team is run perfectly when it comes to global branding, but our biggest showcase is still failing on the pitch, playing boring football and can't even keep up with Leicester and Spurs domestically.

Thoughts?

No offense but there is some hindsight in there
I think the expenditures on specific players have been too high
Mangala and frankly Sterling along with others
But it's a year in and they may still come good
I think we were stuck a little between needing to purchase talent and the youth system not being ready to produce
The biggest part of that scenario is our desire to progress quickly. Is a little patience not called for possibly?

No offense but there is some hindsight in there
I think the expenditures on specific players have been too high
Mangala and frankly Sterling along with others
But it's a year in and they may still come good
I think we were stuck a little between needing to purchase talent and the youth system not being ready to produce
The biggest part of that scenario is our desire to progress quickly. Is a little patience not called for possibly?

Some of our recent purchases have been dire. Bony, Mangala, Fernando, Ottamendi have all been poor whilst Sterling has been average at best considering his price tag and other players we could of potentially signed. That's got to be 110mil on five players who have not really improved us. Think Rekik and Denayer would have done just as good a job as Mangala and Ottamendi have done to date.

That's a fair post OP. My only comments are that the owner/management wanted to comply with FFP and that had an impact on recruitment. Also, this season the injury situation has been a major factor in the earlier part of our season. Whether the announcement of Pep coming/Pellers leaving has had a detrimental effect is moot IMHO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.