will you still stand ?

I have just moved to 116 first row behind the goal and i will be FUCKING standing!

Standing is the Future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET WITH IT CITY!!

The_mace said:
Why Always Ste said:
Persistent Standing

To help continue improving the matchday experience for all supporters, we ask that you respect the club’s request to avoid persistent standing at all games. This is one of our biggest sources of complaints from your fellow supporters in all sections of the stadium. We wish to make our matchdays as enjoyable an experience as possible for all of our fans and, as such, we request that you and fellow supporters remain in your seat for the majority of the match. Fans who breach these requests may be ejected from the stadium, and in some cases may have their membership card withdrawn. Please help us to avoid such measures by co-operating with this request and help us to create an enjoyable experience for all of our fans. We thank you for your support in helping us ensure a visit to the Etihad Stadium is a great experience.

This will make a lot of fans more defiant in standing up, and an even bigger safety issue as Showsec begin to try and eject fans, and then fans object to this... Like last season, we saw fighting, apparent heart attacks, wasn't a nice atmosphere at all....

And it wasn't created by fans "persistently" standing,it was started by Showsec and City showing who's boss.

Whilst watching The Boss in the stadium, funny how everyone is allowed to stand for the whole night.

if you don't like standing, there's a whole majority of the stadium where you can sit. Sorry but this is more reasonable and fair.

We need safe standing City!!!!

[bigimg]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_rT_FSW8T_-0/TT1TUdn25NI/AAAAAAAAAZ8/TynncryuZr4/DSCF0125.JPG[/bigimg]

Am I missing something or would the poles not get in the view of the person behind them when sat?

No, unless you are a child/vertically challenged but your view would be blocked anyway in this case if an adult was sat infront of you with no Rail there.

Rail seating is really the future.
I can't believe how long I've been discussing this sort of issue for now.

I fallen at Villa park on sunday myself, was celebrating and fell onto a small child.

This is far more dangerous.

Rail-Standing allows fans to stand safely, with the rail in front protecting the person in front of the rail.
The seats are still there for when needed.

Also someone made a comment about it being ok to stand at the concerts in the stadium but not for football because there are no rival fans?

I go to concerts/gigs and I've seen more violence amongst music goers than I have football fans in the past 10/15 years.

I have felt alot more safer watching football than I ever have at say the recent heaton park concerts, where I might add - I was stood on my feet for 6hrs.

Rail Standing, We want it City!! be pioneers and introduce it in the English game.
Bring it into certain sections of the stadium, where fans wish to stand such as 118/117/111/110/109

[bigimg]http://nfs.stvfiles.com/imagebase/25/605x339/25327-rail-seats-at-hamburg-folded-back-for-standing-use.jpg[/bigimg]

118, and I'll be asking you all to sit down. I'll still be standing, I just want to feel like a giant.

Why Always Ste said:
The_mace said:
Why Always Ste said:
This will make a lot of fans more defiant in standing up, and an even bigger safety issue as Showsec begin to try and eject fans, and then fans object to this... Like last season, we saw fighting, apparent heart attacks, wasn't a nice atmosphere at all....

And it wasn't created by fans "persistently" standing,it was started by Showsec and City showing who's boss.

Whilst watching The Boss in the stadium, funny how everyone is allowed to stand for the whole night.

if you don't like standing, there's a whole majority of the stadium where you can sit. Sorry but this is more reasonable and fair.

We need safe standing City!!!!

[bigimg]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_rT_FSW8T_-0/TT1TUdn25NI/AAAAAAAAAZ8/TynncryuZr4/DSCF0125.JPG[/bigimg]

Am I missing something or would the poles not get in the view of the person behind them when sat?

No, unless you are a child/vertically challenged but your view would be blocked anyway in this case if an adult was sat infront of you with no Rail there.

I fallen at Villa park on sunday myself, was celebrating and fell onto a small child.

Rail-Standing allows fans to stand safely, with the rail in front protecting the person in front of the rail.

Also someone made a comment about it being ok to stand at the concerts in the stadium but not for football because there are no rival fans?

I go to concerts/gigs and I've seen more violence amongst music goers than I have football fans in the past 10/15 years.

I have felt alot more safer watching football than I ever have at say the recent heaton park concerts, where I might add - I was stood on my feet for 6hrs.

Rail Standing, We want it City!! be pioneers and introduce it in the English game.
Bring it into certain sections of the stadium, where fans wish to stand such as 118/117/111/110/109

[bigimg]http://nfs.stvfiles.com/imagebase/25/605x339/25327-rail-seats-at-hamburg-folded-back-for-standing-use.jpg[/bigimg]

The reason we are not allowed to stand is because 96 people lost their lives at Hillsborough. It would take a significant change in political thinking for any government to of allowing standing at football grounds. The whole issue of Hillsborough is still too raw for the victims families, any change of thinking on the governments part would be seen as a slap in the face.

Why Always Ste said:

Well I don't know what sort of gigs you've been going to! I can't remember the last time I saw trouble (at least to the extent of what can happen at football) and also when I came across a group of Lads who were Liverpool or Arsenal or whatever. Bands like The Stone Roses are completely against tribalism.

I hate to be pedantic but it wasn't my point as such - I was more regurgitating what I'd read elsewhere as a argument from those wanting us to sit instead of stand. My preference is people get the choice and pick their area of the Etihad accordingly.

standing, as will all of the usual blocks, it's just the standard 'please refrain from persistent standing blah blah' it ticks the box on some health and safety sheet that they have made the effort sort of thing..

robbie brewer said:
Why Always Ste said:
The_mace said:

The reason we are not allowed to stand is because 96 people lost their lives at Hillsborough.

Wrong.

We are allowed to stand. adequate seating should however be provided.

Rail-Standing provides this :-)

And also, wasn't a company linked to a high-up Tory MP the company who filled up most of the stadiums in the English league with plastic seats?
I'm only going off a rumour here, don't quote me on this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.