William Carvalho

BlueDejong

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8jRQbn1LzE[/youtube]
William Silva de Carvalho (born 7 April 1992) is a Portuguese footballer who plays for Sporting Clube de Portugal as a defensive midfielder.

Full name William Silva de Carvalho
Date of birth 7 April 1992 (age 21)
Place of birth Luanda, Angola
Height 1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)
Playing position Midfielder

Box to Box midfielder, and I think he looks like NEW Fernandinho.

Portu league fan said that William Carvalho is best player in the league. Matic is not.

He looks pretty solid, but reminds me more of Yaya than Fernandinho.

I like the way he retains possession with those yaya-esque legs. Would still be a risk bringing him to the pl though.

He's been outstanding this year, physically dominating even in the biggest games. Already he's broken into the NT and in Portugal they see him as their future Vieira. Incredibly strong, pretty pacy and great in the tackle and better on the ball than the usual destroyer. He could become a really, really impressive player

Portuguese footy guy on Twitter said Fernando (Porto) outshone him in yesterday's big game.

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/Portu_Goal/status/417413690947026944" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/Portu_Goal/status/4 ... 0947026944</a>

United have been scouting him, I think. He's young so not the finished product I guess?

It's Carvalho's first season in the first team, so he's still a work in progress (opposed to Fernando, who'd been at his peak for 3 or 4 years already). That being said, all reports and people I've talked to were pretty favourable about both players, but Sporting bossed the game and the midfield battle (especially after Fernando limped off injured). William has been very impressive in the big league games against Porto and Benfica aswell, he seems to thrive on the big occasions. That he is even genuinely competing with Fernando for the holding role in the Portuguese NT is a hell of an accomplishment.

Fernando is probably the better player at the moment, but William is going to cruise past him, he has so much more to his game. It's remarkable how quickly he's become a dominant part of the team

BigOscar said:
It's Carvalho's first season in the first team, so he's still a work in progress (opposed to Fernando, who'd been at his peak for 3 or 4 years already). That being said, all reports and people I've talked to were pretty favourable about both players, but Sporting bossed the game and the midfield battle (especially after Fernando limped off injured). William has been very impressive in the big league games against Porto and Benfica aswell, he seems to thrive on the big occasions. That he is even genuinely competing with Fernando for the holding role in the Portuguese NT is a hell of an accomplishment.

Fernando is probably the better player at the moment, but William is going to cruise past him, he has so much more to his game. It's remarkable how quickly he's become a dominant part of the team
He seems awkward on the ball

He's sometimes a little ungainly looking but he's not awkward, a bit like Yaya in that sense, noone makes it through Sportings academy without being pretty comfortable on the ball. Pretty sure he went an entire game this year without giving the ball away earlier in the year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.