Willian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andouble said:
Plain Speaking said:
Chelsea have got incredible young talent in their club, some out on loan, gaining valueable experience. They are years ahead of our "project" investing in young talent.

They never play though, same with us.

When the owner has unlimited budgets and not neverending patience, it's hard to risk giving unproven 18 year olds game time with so much at stake.

I am not sure we can say that yet....we are just getting to the point where we have the option to play young players (Guidetti, Rekik (I know he is on loan but expect he will take Lescott's spot next season), Lopes). Getting rid of Mancini, adding a manager who does have some history of bringing through players and then considering the Barca boys and their philosophy re: our academy...I see us going in a different direction than Chelsea with regard to youth.

NipHolmes said:
Would not shock me in the slightest if Anzhi have picked up the phone to Chelsea to screw momey out of Levy. Levy did the same with Chelsea when he sold Modric. That would not have been taken well so maybe a bit of the medicine is fed back. Roman helps Anzhi and gets a a favour whilst also costing a rival more money in the process. Win Win.

Good shout. Never underestimate a Russian oligarch's appetite for revenge.<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:53 pm --<br /><br />
NipHolmes said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
BigOscar said:
Because it's a player they don't remotely need, but they just fancy him. They already have a plethora of exciting young attacking midfielders, but very little else, yet they stack the area anyway. They try their best to plan, but then just seem to do things on Romans whims
I think he would bring perfect balance to the side, Willian and Hazard on the wings with Mata behind the striker. Looks deadly on paper that team.

Moses will probably leave and I could see Schürrle or even De Bruyne go back out on loan.

If they buy him I see De Bruyne playing on the right, Hazard and Willian on the left or attacking mid much like how we will play with Silva and Jovetic.

De Bruyne has to stay, he's their only real natural width and he's top notch .

2 in a row I agree with you. De Bruyne looked excellent last weekend.

confirmed on their official site that chelsea aggred terms with both him and anzhi..who will he gonna replace out there...i don't think they pay 32M pounds for him to stay on the bench ffs

MSP said:
Top player but transfer still doesn't make a sense. If they get rid of Mata they're out of their mind.
Perhaps there is a personality clash with Mata. Maybe with Mata's Spanish connections, Mourinho senses a potentially difficult attitude in the dressing room.
On the face of it Mata is a top footballer, but Mourinho is usually very good at achieving the right chemistry in a dressing room; the notable exception being at RM with rebellion from some of the Spanish players. Balotelli was a top footballer also, the dressing room chemistry has to be right.

Mata and Luiz out stories came very early this summer.. I don't know, none of them doesn't look like problematic. Mata looks decent as heck, and Luiz like one you'd hang out with on Saturday evening. No sign of arrogance or problematic behaviour both on and off the pitch from either of them unless there is some previous between him and Mourinho, maybe Mourinho said some crap about him while he was at Valencia and moving away or something..

Anyway, Willian is great plus for them but if they lose Mata in the process they won't improve. He was easy their best player last 2 years, I'd even swap Silva for last season's Mata.

MSP said:
Mata and Luiz out stories came very early this summer.. I don't know, none of them doesn't look like problematic. Mata looks decent as heck, and Luiz like one you'd hang out with on Saturday evening. No sign of arrogance or problematic behaviour both on and off the pitch from either of them unless there is some previous between him and Mourinho, maybe Mourinho said some crap about him while he was at Valencia and moving away or something..

Anyway, Willian is great plus for them but if they lose Mata in the process they won't improve. He was easy their best player last 2 years, I'd even swap Silva for last season's Mata.
Mata's a great talent and he's not as petulent as Bellamy or Anelka but sometimes he does seem moody, especially when he's coming off.
As regards Luiz, I would imagine Mourinho isnt sure he has the discipline to play the way he wants?
Traditionally Mourinho's teams are built on the very strongest defence. He used to win a lot of one nils in his first spell at Chelsea.
I agree Willian is a great buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.