Willy Caballero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me who thinks he is massively underrated? He is a good shot stopper and commanding in the air, he dropped the occasional clanger last year but looks better now. I have complete faith in him as a number 2.

P.s. really wanted to call this the willy appreciation thread
It's a silly opinion that he is shit. He is a pretty solid goalie.

i was just about to say exactly that.

this is getting like a fucking witch hunt against Hart

Bullshit. Nothing to do wih hart. The hart threads were shwing a lot of distaste for willy, so i thouht it would be interesting to see if others rate him as highly as i do.
And was he ever really that bad? Bar the chelsea game, he made very few mistakes.

Up until the Capital One Cup final he hadn't had a good game for us and had made at least one mistake in each game he played. You can't re-write history, up until that point he was awful and he hasn't played that much since.
This,he is crap,2 clean sheets i think in his city career,always have to score an extra one to make up for it

He probably will get better the more he plays but I do not think that he has the ball skills necessary to be a long term solution for a Pep side.
He seems popular with the squad though.

I may be wrong but wasn't Willy considered one of the best keepers in Spain?
Nominated for best keeper?
The same league as Bravo?

Not saying he's better than Bravo but he was highly respected in Spain.
More so than Bravo despite being at a similar club.

For someone who rarely plays, he's done well for us. Your being unrealistic in your expectations if you expect someone to come off the bench and play as well as your first team keeper from the get go. If he had a sustained period of always playing, I'm sure you would see a lot less mistakes and reasons why a lot of people rate him

If people has the slightest idea of how hard it is to survive in another man's country and work then you might have the few locals to understand you. This was a man who saved the spot kicks to win the league cup and still does not really get the appreciation he deserves, is like those Dave's mean nothing to the locals as long as he ain't their man , whatever he does will not gain favours of love. Willy, wish you well.

Cannot say how good/bad he is really because he's never had a long run in the team. coming in for a game at a time tells you nowt.
He was rated in spain as a good keeper and so maybe after a run of games regullary he would show that he is good enough to be first choice.
I like Willy always comes across well interviews and rarely moans, time will tell, but for me he's been alright for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.