Win the title this season and we end United's era

Marvin

The signature of RVP is a high stakes gamble from Ferguson to overhaul City in what could be his last season.

In May 2013 Utd will either be Champions or they will face the Perfect Storm of their manager retiring before he is sacked with the new manager needing to replace a good half dozen key players in their 30's with no transfer budget, and no doubt civil war amongst their supporters as they realise the Glazer regime has killed their club.

If City possibly can we should react now as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to slay the beast and leave the next decade open for us

It makes next season more difficult, but the prize is great

I posted this in transfer section earlier......... Biggest thing for me is that we are looking at the longer term picture.

With rags signing RVP it means that arguably 7 of there current first 11 are going to be over 30 in 12 months time.....

RVP
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Giggs
Scholes
Carrick

Now maybe they feel they have replacements already for some of these......but not all ... That is some serious money they will need to find to replace these lot in next couple of years.

we however are already looking at our replacements...hence rodwell.

I for one like our long term outlook. We may lose the odd battle......but we will win the war !

If we win we will be happy but if we lose Ferguson could be gone. Decent consolation.

Personally I like that we are in for a battle. I don't think there is a clear favorite. It'll be interesting. Plus this years only our second attempt at the CL. I think we could improve on this front.

Can't wait!!! :-)

Tony Adcock said:
I posted this in transfer section earlier......... Biggest thing for me is that we are looking at the longer term picture.

With rags signing RVP it means that arguably 7 of there current first 11 are going to be over 30 in 12 months time.....

RVP
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Giggs
Scholes
Carrick

Now maybe they feel they have replacements already for some of these......but not all ... That is some serious money they will need to find to replace these lot in next couple of years.

I for one like our long term outlook. We may lose the odd battle......but we will win the war !
The next battle will be the battle that will decide the war.

Now a defeat for Utd means they will be left without a manager, with an ageing team, no money and the Glazer regime in meltdown. If they win the title they survive and can re-build,and Fergie gets to bow out as he would have liked.

It's great isn't it. We've now got the core of a side that can stay together for 4 or 5 years with a little tinkering required here and there, under a manager with a 5-year contract and with owners who can fund that success.

They're now the ones where the core of the side and the manager who makes them what they are will be gone in a couple of years, with owners wh oare clearly desperate to milk them for every penny in order to pay off their own and the club's debts.

If the same happens when Baconface retires as happened when Busby went, the whole thing could conceivably collapse like a pack of cards. Even if it didn't, they could quite possibly end up like Liverpool.

TonyM said:
If we win we will be happy but if we lose Ferguson could be gone. Decent consolation.

Personally I like that we are in for a battle. I don't think there is a clear favorite. It'll be interesting. Plus this years only our second attempt at the CL. I think we could improve on this front.

Me too. Every point we can eke out over Utd will pile the pressure on them. If we can get ahead of them early, it will start to dawn on them very quickly what's at stake

Marvin said:
TonyM said:

Me too. Every point we can eke out over Utd will pile the pressure on them. If we can get ahead of them early, it will start to dawn on them very quickly what's at stake

As much as I hate the vermin I have to say that without them last season it would have been vey boring.

I think 90 points will be needed to retain the title, I think that improvement is in us.
Can't see Manure getting over 89, they threw everything into last season and burnt out with 6 to go and that was after dropping out of CL on purpose (it was a poor group they were in).
Hopefully the home ties after CL games will help us and opposite for Manure.

Tony Adcock said:

RVP
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Giggs
Scholes
Carrick

they have younger replacements for every one of those players in their current squad.
I'm not saying that all of the replacements are good enough...just that they are already there

News of the Rags demise are premature.

Just look at their success over the last 5/6 seasons. Ferguson, as much as I hate the fucker, will never, ever lie down and he will eke every little bit out of the players he has. I'd say they are stronger now than they were last season. Their ageing players will be right up for this, especially given the way they lost it last season. They are wounded, and are more dangerous than they were last season. They were arrogant last season, and really believed we had blown it at the Arsenal game - but we came back and bit them on the arse. Their pain is palpable, and I for one don't think for one second that they won't react in the way that Ferguson will demand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.