Wine

Grolsch30 said:
I can't drink it myself, just have to smell it and it makes me yawn and sleepy!

How come you can't find german red wine but only White even though if you go over the pond and they have loads of red on offer?

Apparently, Germany has traditionally struggled to produce it due to its climate although they have started producing some in recent years.

You may see it take off. For me Australian, South African and French are the best reds by a long way but Chile has produced some decent stuff that's started to take off.

That said, by far and away the best I have ever tasted was from California by McManus - bloody limited release as well.

This is the only wine I'll drink , and it's got to be hot and poured into 'shot' cups...

sake.jpg

Italian red wine for me is the nicest, something like a nice Montepulciano or Monetfalco. Difficult to get hold of over here although selfridges have a decent albeit expensive selection.

Have no problems drinking wine in public in Italy or France but wouldn't over here, unless with a meal.

Grolsch30 said:
I can't drink it myself, just have to smell it and it makes me yawn and sleepy!

How come you can't find german red wine but only White even though if you go over the pond and they have loads of red on offer?
They don't produce much but it's good so they keep it for themselves and only export crap like Blue Nun or Leibfraumilch.

My tipple of choice would be a Sauvignon Blanc from the Marlborough region of New Zealand.

The French drink Rose as a lunchtime spring/summer drink, anything else, its definately gay.

A good Chablis or Sancerre, or a Chilean Sauvignon Blanc will do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.