Winners and Losers from the Window

Liverpool for me. It's like Kenny felt ignored with everyone talking about Wenger being a giant idiot, and one upped him by selling one of his best players to Chelsea. Liverpool fans say they didn't have a choice because he wanted to leave due to lack of playing time, but his lack of playing time came because their brilliant manager prefers Charlie Adam. Has the world gone mad?

Arsenal definite losers, left all their business to the last day and I was even surprised with who they brought in, André Santos, really?!?

Spent a good hour last night explaining Clichy is a better player than him, because I knew the Arsenal fans had never even seen him play before!

Benayoun sums it up nicely, no offense to him but I don't rate him at all, fact that he's moved there on loan says it all, he's the type of player they will attract now. Mertesacker probably the only good signing if he fits in. Well done to Meireles getting his move completed and QPR did smart business and they should be staying up now.

Wellsblue21 said:
Winners:

Man City, Rags, Chelsea (to an extent) QPR

Losers:

Arsenal

Your Thoughts?

what are you talking about... we lot sweep and the arse got arteta. we're knee deep in sh*t!

The way the transfer window has gone, I wouldn't be feeling entirely comfortable as a Spuds or Arse fan right now. I know everyone will say, "Ahh, they'll come good like always, got good managers, experience at playing near the top of the Prem blah blah", but they have no god-given right to be in the top 6, and there are teams just below them who may have inferior players but are more cohesive as a unit right now.

Everton, fucking going down the pan, shame.

The only prem club not to officially get their hands out of their pockets for a transfer fee.

No doubt Drenthe will have cost a loan fee but losing Arteta will be a huge blow.

one_premier_league_club_spent_nothing_on_summer_transfers.jpg

lolEverton, interestingly enough Arsenal's deadline day bonanza took them above the scum in terms of spending

The obvious winners appear to be us, Rags (hate to say it but I think the keeper will come good), Chelsea, and Liverpool.

Elsewhere QPR have got some good players in, but Stoke are the ones that have impressed me more with their signings - Crouch, Palacios, and Jerome are all very good buys. The reported fee for Crouch is perhaps a little high but Palacios for £8 million represents good value when you consider what Tottenham paid for him (£14 million I think). Even better value is Woodgate if he can stay fit. If they're not adversely affected by their participation in the Europa League I can see them finishing in the top 8 or possibly even top 6.

As for the losers, well it looks like Everton and Arsenal at the moment but we'll have to see what happens in the coming weeks. Losing Arteta might not be as big a blow as it looks for Everton plus their 2 loan signings might do well, and Arsenal's acquisitions may all slot in well. However, I can't help thinking Wenger has panic bought to an extent.

Anzhi almost bought Hulk on deadline day for 87 million euros! Apparently Porto wanted 90 and they never reached a final agreement on time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.