Winter world cup

Churchlawtonblue

Dawned on me today that we should be enjoying the world Cup at the moment. Sadly we have to wait for the cold and dark Dec nights. One boring summer ahead. Can't wait for the new premier league season to start and to see the new City line up lead by Haaland.

I remember back in the day when it was argued to have a break before international games.... and the argument went "ohhh you will hardly notice, during a season and it will help the national team"
I wonder if we went back to that call the league would make the same choices...

The last World Cup was utter dog shite. Hopefully Qatar won't be as bad.
In my life time they rate as follows:

Mexico 86 Good
Italy 90 Brilliant
USA 94 Brilliant
France 98 Good
S Korea & Japan 02 Poor
Germany 06 Good
South Africa 10 Shit
Brazil 14 Poor
Russia 18 Shit
Quatar 22 really really Shit

In my life time they rate as follows:

Mexico 86 Good
Italy 90 Brilliant
USA 94 Brilliant
France 98 Good
S Korea & Japan 02 Poor
Germany 06 Good
South Africa 10 Shit
Brazil 14 Poor
Russia 18 Shit
Quatar 22 really really Shit
Is your opinion influenced feeling towards international football not being as appealing these days? I can only just remember France 98 as I was 6 years old, so I can’t comment on some of the earlier world cups. What makes the World Cup is the teams that go under the radar, Colombia 2014 who were great to watch and I always enjoy watching Japan and Korea as they don’t stop running.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.