Wireless routers

Chris Mac

Kneeling at the altar of a new era rather than a f
My mate is after a wireless router. He's on broadband by Zyxel, has a phone/modem connection and is looking for the best one for his needs to use the laptop anywhere in the house. He's been into PC World and asked for advice but said they were'nt very helpful. Any advice to help him get the right one?

Any router with a built in ADSL modem will be fine, Belkin the best make in terms of simplicity to set up. Just take the lead from the phone line out of the computer and plug it into the router, then use the lead that comes with the router to plug a connection from the router to the PC again. Usually comes with full instructions but if you do that and search for wireless networks on the laptop then something along the lines of "belkin54g" will be there. Connect to that and all should be well. If not they come with install CDs to guide you through it

***EDIT*** There is a difference between DSL and ADSL, DSL routers (the cheaper option usually) won't work with the connection

He's phoned me today and asked will I go with him and get the one he needs. He's a real technophobe so I'll have to give him a lift. Had a look around and found a Belkin one that should suit his needs. I may be back on asking for advice if I can't follow the instructions!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.