With so much money spent in the Premier League,why are many games boring?

In an industry where failing and being sacked is not a barrier to a new job, why would anyone expect the standard to increase?

Teams are petrified of going down, sports journalists are more interested in the narrative than tactics and an old boys club of football management add to that the dinosaurs that run the game and it all points to short termism

Problem seems to be too many teams playing not to lose than to win. Hell even united do this too often like against Liverpool.

A lot of good points. I have Sky sports and obviously the majority of the cost is for the EPL.

As a product it's utter shit. Even the bugger teams play not to lose. In fact, I've talked myself into chucking sky sports With your help.

MOTD who edit out the shite is enough. I can watch my team online and save £30 a month.

Something needs to be done for the national game. English football, although not on a par technically with a number of leagues, was always exciting.

Not anymore. Boring as Phuc

Utd and Spurs struggled even with simple ball circulation in deep areas, almost every Spanish team does it with ease. Even the weakest la Liga sides often play excellent football (for example, Betis).

Top 6 Serie A Teams (Napoli, Inter, Roma, Sampdoria, Lazio - all bar Juve) are playing attractive attacking football. Positional play is conquering Italy. So, it's not always about money.
Just one example - Inter under Spalletti. Have you even seen Inter play this way??

I think the problems are:
1. Specific refereeing that differs much from continental one. Refs allow harder tackles and fouls, it leads to famous British 'all-action' play that was eliminated from other leagues 10-15 yrs ago. It's very difficult to use precise passing game if you're contantly kicked. It's not even my conclusions, I'm referring to Pep's words. There's no 'excessive physicality and pace' in PL, there's just different refereeing.

It also breeds problems with integration of youngsters.
It also explains why PL teams were so poor in Europe for years - very difficult to switch from one set of rules to another.

On the other hand, such different interpretation of the rules allows the league to have its unique face, attract more spectators and become richer. Judging by financial figures, the majority doesn't share your view @Magicpole (though I personally agree with it and find British hoofball to be quite boring).

2. Lack of domestic managerial talent and low average level of managers. Seems the educational system is poor in that regard. I honestly think that guys like Dyche, Bilic, Hughes, Pulis, Hodgson would struggle to find a job in German or Italian 2nd divisions. Some reforms are probably needed. Foreign superstars like Guardiola, Conte, Klopp cannot change the situation alone.

equally European refereeing is corrupt and for pansies who dive everywhere.

Plus, Inter have spent a fortune compared to most clubs, or did they just magically develop Kondogbia, Joao Mario, Skriniar, Vecino?

Utd and Spurs struggled even with simple ball circulation in deep areas, almost every Spanish team does it with ease. Even the weakest la Liga sides often play excellent football (for example, Betis).

Top 6 Serie A Teams (Napoli, Inter, Roma, Sampdoria, Lazio - all bar Juve) are playing attractive attacking football. Positional play is conquering Italy. So, it's not always about money.
Just one example - Inter under Spalletti. Have you even seen Inter play this way??

I think the problems are:
1. Specific refereeing that differs much from continental one. Refs allow harder tackles and fouls, it leads to famous British 'all-action' play that was eliminated from other leagues 10-15 yrs ago. It's very difficult to use precise passing game if you're contantly kicked. It's not even my conclusions, I'm referring to Pep's words. There's no 'excessive physicality and pace' in PL, there's just different refereeing.

It also breeds problems with integration of youngsters.
It also explains why PL teams were so poor in Europe for years - very difficult to switch from one set of rules to another.

On the other hand, such different interpretation of the rules allows the league to have its unique face, attract more spectators and become richer. Judging by financial figures, the majority doesn't share your view @Magicpole (though I personally agree with it and find British hoofball to be quite boring).

2. Lack of domestic managerial talent and low average level of managers. Seems the educational system is poor in that regard. I honestly think that guys like Dyche, Bilic, Hughes, Pulis, Hodgson would struggle to find a job in German or Italian 2nd divisions. Some reforms are probably needed. Foreign superstars like Guardiola, Conte, Klopp cannot change the situation alone.

Good post.

A lot of good points. I have Sky sports and obviously the majority of the cost is for the EPL.

As a product it's utter shit. Even the bugger teams play not to lose. In fact, I've talked myself into chucking sky sports With your help.

MOTD who edit out the shite is enough. I can watch my team online and save £30 a month.

Something needs to be done for the national game. English football, although not on a par technically with a number of leagues, was always exciting.

Not anymore. Boring as Phuc
Is that 'Bugger' or 'Bigger' ??!!

I think most teams are afraid to lose, so for the most part just park the bus and try to sneak a goal with as minimum offensive effort as possible. That makes for very boring games.

I think it’s simply English mentality with regards to Football. Get a big cf lump it up or down the wings....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.