With Yaya confirmed leaving, which of the 2012 Title Winners will you be saddest to see leave?

magic dave will be like having my heart ripped out with a razor blade arnt there any blue mooners with a time machine

I am not that sad to see Yaya go, as we effectively said good bye to this player years ago.

There was a time when it was impossible to imagine City without Yaya, but not any more. But thanks for the memories big man. Absolutely critical player in his time.

When yaya was at his best, anything was possible. Every player has their unique trademark. You kind of know how Silva plays. You close your eyes, and you see him take the ball, caress it and turn in one motion. For Yaya it was that extra gear he would go into. There was no finer sight in football than Yaya Toure accelerating with the ball at his feet. An ungainly man, and yet he had the power of a JCB, and the touch of David Silva. There'll never be another Yaya Toure. No finer way to go out than lifting the Premier League. Hopefully he bows out with a win.

I will never forget that Sunday supplement "Yaya Toure do me a favour, they will never win anything" I guess Yaya proved them wrong on that count.
Granted his legacy will be tainted by his off field falling outs with the club, but the fact that he missed out on the player of the year the year we won the double will always piss me off and just goes to show how corrupt the game is and at his best he was unstoppable

Silva.

Best player we’ve ever had.
I think 20 years from now that will still be something that is debated Silva or Yaya, all I will say is this(and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you)Silva at his best made those around him unstoppable, Yaya at his made himself unstoppable. I guess it will come down to what Silva does in the years to come, I have a feeling if we win a good deal more over the next few years with Silva still playing a part the debate will be clear cut

Last edited:
Sad to see any of them go but especially David Silva. I just hope after he leaves us he will come back to the Etihad at least once. He's such a private guy though I am not sure he will. The best I've ever seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.