Without David

GRB

I’m not a WUM for a start.

But how on earth are we going to replace the man?!

Bernardo in my eyes was his replacement and obviously could be, but playing both of them seems to work so well.

When he leaves (god forbid) we will miss him, Foden is young but he’s not Merlin, yet.

I can’t think of anyone out there that can fill his boots, not a training ground name but a statue would be more fitting.

How he hasn’t won major honours is beyond me.

Bernardo in my eyes was his replacement and obviously could be, but playing both of them seems to work so well.

When he leaves (god forbid) we will miss him, Foden is young but he’s not Merlin, yet.

I can’t think of anyone out there that can fill his boots, not a training ground name but a statue would be more fitting.

World cup.. euros..premier league..

Erm 3 titles,euro's,world cup
We have 2 more seasons after this one i think,just enjoy and don't fret

Major honours being The Ballon D’Or.

Not with Spain.

Best player in the prem in my eyes.

It would be good if he won one (or both) player of the year awards. Not just for this season but for his body of work since joining the club.
It will be a massive wrench when he leaves but hopefully he will leave a legacy about how the game can be played in such a beautiful way.

If he spent his time with Barca or Real and had the same success that he's had with us, he would be a serious contender for the Ballon D'or year after year without a doubt.

I think Bernie and Phil may be the natural transition, and if they get anywhere near the level Merlin has been, then we're sorted, he's been phenomenal, and seems to be getting better.

David is supremely talented. How will we replace him you ask?

Well, on an absolute like-for-like basis - and in particular on a sentimental basis - he's one of our favorite players - we won't.

But in each successive generation of footballers - new talent emerges. Some not quite as good as those playing in the past - some equal to past stars- and some a little better than previous greats.

David - when he retires - will be sorely missed - but so long as we retain Pep - and a recruitment staff that is able to identify nascent talent - and so long as our ownership remains committed to excellence - our future is bright. We will find a replacement for David - who will not be the same player at all - but one who hopefully can eventually aspire to David's greatness. In fact, we may have an heir-apparent already in our ranks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.