Wolves (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Thunderbirds laughing on Make a GIF

31 and counting

More confirmation that Micah has gone native.
If you give a foul for that, nearly every single headed goal would be ruled out for a foul on the keeper.
Certainly not offside.

Can I be a bit critical despite being delighted in getting all three points?

We were playing really well in the first half, so Pep decided Doku and Savinho needed to switch sides. For what? They both play far worse on their shooting foot sides. What on earth is Gundo/Kovacic giving us that McAtee/Nunes are incapable of? Why is Haaland above being substituted? He was a complete net negative and looked utterly uninterested. Teams have been cutting through our midfield and getting at our backline at ease all season. Poor recruitment and the loss of Bobb and Rodri make me think this is going to be a long, frustrating season. I hope I’m wrong.
After a last minute winner, why would your first thought be to criticise and go on a pseudo tactical rant?

Forget VAR, little football nerds are killing the game.

Posted in match thread we got away with that the easy decision all round would have been to disallow it once Var recommended a review fair play to ref standing by his decision,some you get some you dont today was our day thank fuck but it’ll boil huge amounts of piss so I’m even more delighted..

It demonstrates a larger, and vitally important point, as we go forward in the use of VAR: it's still the referee's call. Whether in front of the monitor or not. And honestly, I'm ok with that and I always have been. You simply cannot eliminate officials' judgement from the game, and I don't see why you'd want to.
Incidentally, behind VAR, there are officials who are making a judgement in itself, to call the ref over to the monitor for a second look.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.