Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

great win, a proud one.
really thought wolves would slam us 3-1.
first half was 9 out of 10. Second half we came out a different team but slowly came back in.
all in all fantastic win.
Mendy, what did we expect. Ake, high balls his head was always on it, reads the game well, tackles ( not many needed ) strong. Here we have a good un.

He was great first half — his movement was brilliant. Walker inverted to make a midfield 3 Mendy bang up on left wing and Ake moving across to cover both CB and LB it was clear they’d planned that during the week

So many false dawns with Mendy but he did look good in the first half — game changed once he got a booking you could tell he was worried about getting a yellow and was playing within himself as a result

Didn’t help that he didn’t get much defensive support off Raheem.

On the whole, Mendy - notwithstanding a dodgy 15 mins had a good game.
I think Mendy did ok... the trouble is he's never fit enough long enough to get fully fit to see how good he really is or can be

Gabby got 23 goals last season and has 69 from 153 appearances for City. At 23 he has almost a one in two scoring record for Brazil. He's already a top class player and, because he works so hard, he will just get better and better. There is not a single striker in the Premier league I would swap him for. The only one that gets close is Timo Verner who is excellent but doesn't work for the team like Gabby.
Sergio has been a once-in-a generation striker and replacing him like-for-like will be virtually impossible. Harland is possibly the only one that could do it. There's no reason why Gabby can't improve his finishing skills like Sterling has done. I think Gabby will become a City legend whatever some of his critics think.
Yes I agree goals to minutes ratio is better than many. He will get better just as sterling has and really don’t understand the knockers on here. We should all be grateful for where we are and what we’ve got. Try doing 40 years with no trophies and shite 3rd tier football. Some people on this forum need to get real. Opinions are the privilege of all but take A step back first.

Pleasantly surprised with the start straight out of the blocks. Ake looks the business, doesn't dive in like Otamendi and made a decent block when he had to. Didn't realise he was so short as his performance is that of a much taller player with his aerial skills

Yes I agree goals to minutes ratio is better than many. He will get better just as sterling has and really don’t understand the knockers on here. We should all be grateful for where we are and what we’ve got. Try doing 40 years with no trophies and shite 3rd tier football. Some people on this forum need to get real. Opinions are the privilege of all but take A step back first.
Gabby also turns up for the big games like the FA Cup semi and final or the away game at Real Madrid. He will just get better and better. The way Raheem hung back to stay onside before his assist last night was superb. He wouldn't have done that two years ago. I am sure Jesus will make the same progress...and so is Pep.

You do realise that Len must have had an injury or something that prevented him from participating? That’s why he wasn’t even on the bench, so it’s pointless arguing what he might or might not have done.

Mendy did very well, considering he was up against one of the most dangerous players in the Premier League, who wreaked considerably more damage against us last season than he did tonight.

Maybe that was because Big Ben did his job, eh?

Have a think about it.
I beg to differ.
Mendy did not do well against Traore yesterday.
He looked terrified whenever Traore had the ball and lost any number of 50/50s against him.
Traore blows hot and cold but he just loves playing City as he knows our regular LBs have failed spectacularly to deal with him last season
Cancelo looked pretty comfortable at LB at the end of last season and if fit I would definitely like to see him there again

Tough game, both psychologically and physically. Three points and on to the next game; hopefully build some momentum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.