Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

We looked a bit fooked at the end.

mendy still a bit flat footed and square at times, but they all looked a bit heavy legged.

but credit to the boys no pre season and to beat a very strong and powerful wolves away is brilliant.

i thought ake looked at home and ferny back in midfield helped.

take that result all day long

Expected to be a bit wobbly in the 2nd half... No preseason.... Great performance

I don’t want him to waste so many chances and make the wrong decisions regularly.
Don’t get me wrong. He’s a good player. I see him as a £40m player who would walk into most teams but he’s not good enough to be our main man. Hoping he’ll prove me wrong this season.

£40m!!!!! You’re having a laugh. Couldn’t buy his right leg for that

Fern outstanding, walker bossed the entire right side and keV was keV.
All things considered that was impressive against a very good team with pace to burn on the counter, not many will win there.
We were very tired but will be fitter for that game and will welcome laporte, gundo, Sergio and cancelo back soon.
Very happy

There are only a handful of games each season where you think "this is going to be hard - not sure we're going to win this one". Last night felt (beforehand) like one of those, so it was a fantastic 3 points.

Really have to hope KDB stays fit, though, as he remains the clear driving force / person everyone looks to, to make things happen.

I saw something in the first half that was missing for a while now, hunger! A huge effort to win the ball back.

Second half it toned down but it’s only the first game of the season with little preparation.

A lot of positives from last night, De Bruyne stellar as always, Jesus played well and got a goal so everyone is happy because if he doesn’t score he’s shit according to many. Rodri and Fernandinho were brilliant as a pairing in midfield. Foden great goal, set up by Raz and worked hard defensively. Ake fantastic debut, great on the ball, won many headers. Finally we have another defender that can defend.

The only negatives were Mendy and Stones who I thought were poor. First half when there was no threat they were fine but second half when Wolves woke up they struggled. Luckily Jimenez missed an absolute sitter after Mendy lost Traore. Stones was lost defensively on several occasions. Was composed on the ball but was useless defending crosses. Not good enough.

Overall a great away win against tough opponents.

Great to see a determined and well drilled display from the team and manager.
Lots of stand out performances, with Kev, fernandinho and Foden being my pick of the bunch.
Foden in particular was a joy to watch. He simply glides across the pitch, caresses the ball, has a very well hidden turn of pace and is now making the right decisions. Big season coming up for him.

I saw something in the first half that was missing for a while now, hunger! A huge effort to win the ball back.

Second half it toned down but it’s only the first game of the season with little preparation.

A lot of positives from last night, De Bruyne stellar as always, Jesus played well and got a goal so everyone is happy because if he doesn’t score he’s shit according to many. Rodri and Fernandinho were brilliant as a pairing in midfield. Foden great goal, set up by Raz and worked hard defensively. Ake fantastic debut, great on the ball, won many headers. Finally we have another defender that can defend.

The only negatives were Mendy and Stones who I thought were poor. First half when there was no threat they were fine but second half when Wolves woke up they struggled. Luckily Jimenez missed an absolute sitter after Mendy lost Traore. Stones was lost defensively on several occasions. Was composed on the ball but was useless defending crosses. Not good enough.

Overall a great away win against tough opponents.
I agree with much of that. The City pressure on the ball starved the Wolves of the ball and they couldn't get out. That was the old City.

Yes, Wolves did come into it in the 2nd half and they had a 15 minute spell with Traore a threat. Traore is very very difficult to stop so I wouldn't blame Mendy for the fact that Traore was their main threat.

There are only a handful of games each season where you think "this is going to be hard - not sure we're going to win this one". Last night felt (beforehand) like one of those, so it was a fantastic 3 points.

Really have to hope KDB stays fit, though, as he remains the clear driving force / person everyone looks to, to make things happen.
Yes in that formation where KDB has the luxury of two midfielders sitting in behind him it does give him more of a licence to roam about and be the absolute driving force in creating opportunities for us. The bonus he has is the options we have available when he does look to create, they were plentiful last night and invariably he’s going to pick the right option most of the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.