Wolves (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Professional display and in control. Just what we needed. Foot off the gas in the last 30 minutes but fantastic response to Pep’s rant. Probably just what he wanted to see in the first hour. Fans sounded noticeably louder too. Great response all round! Although arsenal have two games in hand at the minute, that result at least puts some pressure on them. Let’s go City!

What stands out for me is…

The refusal to pass forward into space when it’s clearly on. The amount of times the team go back instead of playing a forward ball that’s on is scary.

Haaland would have already been on 40+ goal this year if the team just went forward when it’s clearly on. I understand being patient and going backwards if nothing is on but good god I’m tired of seeing players turn back when going for the kill is on.
It’s about getting the balance right between risk and control. Pep’s philosophy is to control games with little risk but the balance was much better today as I feel we have been far too controlling at times this season.

What stands out for me is…

The refusal to pass forward into space when it’s clearly on. The amount of times the team go back instead of playing a forward ball that’s on is scary.

Haaland would have already been on 40+ goal this year if the team just went forward when it’s clearly on. I understand being patient and going backwards if nothing is on but good god I’m tired of seeing players turn back when going for the kill is on.

We won 3-0 and battered them and that’s what stands out. You sound more annoyed at that then enjoying winning the match .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.