Wolves (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I think he doesn't show up for the games against "better" opponents than we faced today. Games like today are made for him but he needs to improve his overall game for matches that are a slog where need everybody at 110%
In the games to which you are referring the opposition usually sets up specifically to stop him from getting chances, often committing multiple players to that goal, and actually have the quality to do it, but it almost always open up space for other players like Phil, Kev, or Rodri to take their chances. Sure, he has the odd off game, but most of the time he contributes a lot to the overall success of the team, even when he isn’t scoring. And when he is being double- or triple-teamed, other players need to step up; when they don’t is when we often have issues, which I think has been the case this season at times, mostly due to the fatigue from last season’s treble exploits.

But, even given all that, and the tactics he has faced, he has scored or assisted against many of the “top” teams.

He runs rampant in games like this because the opposition don’t have the quality to stifle him, even with numbers, so he can actually get on the end of chances.

I think we need to move past this narrative that “Haaland doesn’t show up in the big games”. It is overly simplistic, inaccurate, and disrespectful to his contributions to our overall play in those games.

Job done , maybe could have scored a couple more to put the shits up the Goons who are depending on Spuds doing them a favour and possibly pinning there hopes on goal difference. Cant see that happening Spuds are resigned to fifth place and will have bugger all to play for , we are in the mood now to finish this season in style , three more wins and immortality awaits ,here's to four on the bounce and another record no other club will ever match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.