Wolves PL (A) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
This was always going to be a tough match away from home less than 72 hours after a European game were we were at it for the full 90 minutes.

As others have said Akanji was superb and he reminds me so much of Keith Curle.

De Bruyner got two assists, Erling another goal with a great finish from outside the box.

Stones and Dias were both solid, but Grealish was MOTM for me.

Loads of abuse from the crowd, a goal and always looking for the ball never hiding and trying to take them on at every opportunity.

I think a lot of teams will struggle away at Wolves this season once they get their first 11 out on the pitch, so this was a great result.

Fcuking International football next, but hopefully Laporte will be a lot further on in his treatment/fitness along with Philips and Kyle. There is absolutely no reason to rush any of the lads back. CTID

I loved Jack’s interview afterwards. He’s such a lovely lad and so down to earth. He knows things are not as good as they used to be but he’s trying. Great City player.

However I did vote for John Boy. :-)

I’m in a good mood… we won pretty easily against the allegedly best defence in the PL … and my 9 yr old Great-Granddaughter won a Gold medal in a Netball tournament! They won all 6 matches and only conceded 1 goal. She’s a great little player. Yes I’m biased but she wins Players player of the match a lot! :-) sorry to butt in to our MOTM thread.

Impressed with centre halves today, and I include Stones in that. What a bargain Akanji seems. Wolves might struggle to finish but they move the ball quite well.

Voted Rodri. I felt he was superb defensively in the first half, managed to retrieve the ball multiple times when City was shaky in defense. Once the centre-backs calmed down, it was Akanji all the way. Dias was also solid later on.

Grealish for me, took his goal well and worked hard in attack and defence. Also thought Akanji had a good game, he is looking like a great buy for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.