Wolves post match

I was going to say Gundogan(good game from him), Bernardo and Danilo could have done without playing all those minutes but we can rest them and it was one of those typically horrible wet windy nights against dogged opposition... maybe they need to experience a few games like this to truly settle.

Sterling and Aguero are another matter hopefully they get well rested and we don't need 90 mins from them on Sat.

Zinchenko had a good first half but tired in the second and his concentration seemed to go at points, if he had Sterling's pace he'd be quite the player. A good run out for him though and just a starting point to improve on.

Pleased for Bravo, great to see him smiling on the pitch with City for once.

Fernandinho was a big miss tonight I thought, really shows how much we need to keep him fit for important games. Probably not much chance of buying quality cover for him in Jan without breaking the bank but that has to be a priority next summer.

Last edited:
Could have easily lost this game if it had not been for Bravo. Mangala has got to be one of the worst CBs I have seen, I swear Richard Dunne would do a better job. How on earth did we ever agree to pay that much money for this shit house.

Yaya, total passenger.

Impressed with Zinchenko going forward, but yea not a LB by any stretch of the imagination.

Just glad we won really...
Technically when Zinchenko was pressed so far forward, Mangala should have been covering as temporary LB while Yaya shifted back to CB until we regained possession. That's what happens with Otamendi and Fernandinho. I think you can see where I'm leading with this...

oh, and half-hearted, weak tackling that just allows the opposition to waltz on through like they're swatting a fly. Just stop it. They had no trouble taking us out and we could have put them under so much pressure if we'd toughened up a bit and got stuck in.

Just for the record...

Aguero didn't get the record

The match goes down as a draw as extra time counts while pens don't.

And Gundo was injured.

But at least we went through!

18-0 or pens, we're still in the hat or tin can or computer or whatever way they do this draw.

Z did well at the back, Tosin was solid, Mangala back to awful I'm affraid.

Bravo even before the pens was mom.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.