Wolves vs CITY - Official Match Thread

Sol Fedder

Freestyler, guess you've retired after the abrupt end of your winning streak, so I'll take up the baton until the next game we drop points in.

I see a similar line-up to the Blackpool game, but with Balotelli starting alongside Tévez (expecting his injury against Arse not to keep him out; likewise Yaya) with Barry and Johnson benched, following off-field misdemeanours. Also expecting Kolo to return and Kolarov to be available for the bench.

Wolves will be tough to break down, but we'll have enough to do them 2-0, with a return to defensive solidity; both goals in the 2nd half - Tévez, 66 mins; Silva, 78.

my team:

--------------------Hart

Richards-----K. Touré-----Kompany-----Boateng

------------------De Jong

--------Y. Touré------------Milner

-------------------Silva

--------Balotelli-------------Tevez

Not a bad guess op mine would be similar, if AK is fit we have to play him and get JB back at right back. 0:2 City Tevez and Balo for his first prem goal.
CTID!

PS: As theres no Tevez, Silva to get the first goal.

Hopefully another attacking team as Wolves are not great going forward and their defence is lacking. Nigel should play for the added protection but we should not need too much. All that said, Wolves will probably play their cup final against us like other teams.

Tevez surely missing this one. AK has only a very slim chance.

Hart's second video in the rag press in less than a month won't go down well either. Barry is supposed to be a senior figure, but was acting like a wanker, and AJ.... AJ worries me. They're in danger of making Mancini look like a bit of a fool, and he won't take that lying down. I can see all three being "dropped" publicly and playing in the UEFA game instead.

So maybe;

---------------Given
Richards-Kompany-Boateng-Bridge
----------------NDJ
----------Yaya-----Milner
-----Silva---------------Balo
-----------------Ade

Subs;

Hart
Zab
Kolo maybe
Vieira
SWP
Barry
Jo

Personally I'd pick Zab over Bridge every time, but I guess he will get a chance to at least show he's not THAT bad.

'The market' says we have roughly a 60% chance of winning. My estimates are between 95.1% (fair skies, light westerly winds, Ade turns up) and 57.5% (bent ref reduces us to 9 players within 5 seconds, but Bridge stays on the pitch).

Bridge should never wear our shirt again he is crap. It does'nt look like Tevez will start. Balotelli may not have had much match practice. But he's got to start somewhere. He's 6' 3" so good crosses from Johnson & Silva should be ok. Maybe play Ade along side him. 2 big guys would trouble any defence. But Mancini does not like playing 2 frontmen. Teams who are struggling around the bottom. We should go for the throat. Thats how teams win games, not be defensive. Some games 1 frontman but this is not 1 of them.
Hart
Zab Toure Kompany Boating
Johnson De Jong Milner Silva
Ade Balo

No Tevez so we should play Adebayor alongside Silva for 60 minutes and then bring on Super Mario to finish them off. We will need a good performance from Richards/Boateng as their winger (Jarvis) is currently red hot.

Looks like the Tazmanian devil is out so I reckon Adebayor will have to show up fireing. I do think we need some more goals out of midfield so I'm hoping Milner can break his duck or another sexy Silva goal will do me fine.

I would like to see Super Mario start but I don't think he's fully fit but he's gotta come on at some point.

Back 4: Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Boateng and then De Jong breaking necks and cashing cheques!

2-0

richards--kolo--kompany--kolarov(if fit)/boateng
- ----ndj---milner---yaya--------
----silva----ade------balo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.