Womans League Cup - spurs (A) Wed 7th Feb 2024 KO 19:30

I see this game is listed as the Wednesday night - when the men are due to play Copenhagen, 6th March.
I’m assuming this will get shifted to the Thursday(?).
The fixture on the City OS doesn't have a time against it so presume that it's just a placeholder until TV decides when it gets played. No way it's going to be on the Wednesday though. Ties were listed as being played on 6th or 7th March so we'll take the later one.

And if, IF, we make the final on March 31 at Molineux, the men are home to l'arse that day. Those that run Women's football don't do themselves any favours.

When else could they play it though? Whatever weekend afternoon they choose it will clash with a men's fixture unless the PL/Sky choose to give them a clear run at it. Pretty confident it will be a sellout regardless.

March 16/17 would have been good as it's the start of an International break for the men.

I don't think there's any need to move things around that much, especially when the women's game has it's own scheduling issues. Like I said, i think the game will most likely be a sell out regardless of what's happening in the men's that weekend. The only change I'd have made scheduling wise is to at least have it so the final is played in a slot where there's no tv overlap on that Sunday with other games so they could have maximised viewers at home. A bit of collaboration between the main stakeholders could have made that possible.

On the whole though, there's always going to be clashes so long as the season run concurrently. I think we're finding that a lot of people mainly watch one above the other. Those like me, who watch both, will have to make a choice!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.