Women’s derby

First time for me at a Women's game yesterday.

I enjoyed the day overall.

Thought we played a bit within ourselves in the first half, and maybe the occasion and crowd affected some of the players.

Second half both teams went for it, and the time seemed to fly by!

And a valuable lesson learned for me. Never pay full price for the men's games in Joe's!!

Went yesterday and found it really moving to see so many there enjoying women's football. The impact this could have is enormous.
We will probably get no more than 1500 at the next women's game at the Academy. These matches are seasonal one or two offs. The highest attendance in England is the Arse v Haringey Norf Landan derby, and then there's The Etihad. I think it's local derbies that bring the crowds in rather than it being 'women's football'!

We will probably get no more than 1500 at the next women's game at the Academy. These matches are seasonal one or two offs. The highest attendance in England is the Arse v Haringey Norf Landan derby, and then there's The Etihad. I think it's local derbies that bring the crowds in rather than it being 'women's football'!
It's something to build on though. I work in education and there has always been a real challenge with PE for girls, especially as they enter the teen years. The more role-models they have, the better, and that gradual shift to the biggest sport in the world being open to girls and women, and achieving a wider interest across families, the greater the chance of the growth being sustained.

If anyone caught the bug yesterday (or their little ones did):

An Adult plus an Under 16 season ticket this season cost me about £80 (from memory)...

You'll make that money back in the free hot & cold drinks you get at the academy stadium. Theres also a free kids zone before the matches, free face painting & it's much easier to meet moonchester & moonbeam.

My daughter absolutely loves it.

If anyone caught the bug yesterday (or their little ones did):

An Adult plus an Under 16 season ticket this season cost me about £80 (from memory)...

You'll make that money back in the free hot & cold drinks you get at the academy stadium. Theres also a free kids zone before the matches, free face painting & it's much easier to meet moonchester & moonbeam.

My daughter absolutely loves it.

Good man, posting that might encourage more girls to go . Well done

It's something to build on though. I work in education and there has always been a real challenge with PE for girls, especially as they enter the teen years. The more role-models they have, the better, and that gradual shift to the biggest sport in the world being open to girls and women, and achieving a wider interest across families, the greater the chance of the growth being sustained.
It is, but if yer not local it takes a great deal of will power to drag a body down to the Academy. The club do their part with free parking and free drinks, and the tickets are not expensive, but I think the biggest problem comes from the media who are bending over backwards hyping up women's football and suggesting that there is little difference between the men's and women's game. There is a chasm of difference, but I go to watch MWFC because it is different.

It is, but if yer not local it takes a great deal of will power to drag a body down to the Academy. The club do their part with free parking and free drinks, and the tickets are not expensive, but I think the biggest problem comes from the media who are bending over backwards hyping up women's football and suggesting that there is little difference between the men's and women's game. There is a chasm of difference, but I go to watch MWFC because it is different.

That's a bit harsh @ DEB when the BBC does its very best to promote everything and anything about the " the greatest Women's team in the world " .

They are clearly superior to most of the mens teams , and then some.

( even if they haven't beaten our girls yet in the league ).

That's a bit harsh @ DEB when the BBC does its very best to promote everything and anything about the " the greatest Women's team in the world " .

They are clearly superior to most of the mens teams , and then some.

( even if they haven't beaten our girls yet in the league ).
I had to laugh at the BBC website article - Man City Women held by Man United women. At the start of the game we were fourth and they were second. I would have thought that the lower placed team is the one who 'holds' a higher placed team, or was it just the BBC making out that MANUre Women had outperformed us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.