Womens FA Cup Final WINNERS 3-0, May 4th v West Ham

Only watched the second half ( clashed with the tour of Yorkshire!! )
Thought City played very well, that young lass that came on as sub and scored the 3rd looks the real deal.
My only worry was City ladies seemed to be ref'd the same as the men ! Thought we had a clear pen , commentary team didn't say much about it , and I get the feeling the ladies game will now go the same as the mens ....all about utd....which will be a shame as up to now it's been refreshing to watch a football match and not have the commenters going on about utd but it will creep in.

They will now be utd this utd that but in reality utd have been pulled kicking and screaming into the ladies game, utd didn't want a ladies team just that nearly every men club has a ladies team. So to stop them being embarrassed they formed a team, and of course the press will be all over them which will be sad for the ladies game

PS I was watching bbc

I would not refer to the notion that other teams get a better deal than us, but we often have to swallow some shocking decisions. The men and the women, once they're in the area, have to be kicked up in the air to the height of the crossbar before the ref considers a pen. And I've seen a couple where they were the height of the stand ad the pen was ignored.

Nice match report in the mirror today,makes a change for them but very welcome

A good one in the DT that is at odds with some of the nonsense Pi-arse was spouting about what WHU 'deserved' and how the result somehow didn't reflect what happened on the pitch. It was much a repeat of the game at The Academy, but I suspect that very few in the RDAHMeedya watch anything like the number of games the fans do!

The goalkeeping was shocking. General quality was poor really.

The women’s first half performance was similar to the men’s first halves against Burnley and the rags. The tension was affecting the quality of our play. Likewise the second halves were like chalk and cheese with City far superior to the opposition for both the Mean’s and Women’s teams.

City Women seem to have mimicked the Men this season ... they were chasing the Quadruple then went out of Europe and chased domestic treble instead (like Men) ... won the League Cup (like Men) ... in FA Cup final (like Men) ... and finished 2nd in league on final day, despite being neck-and-neck with another team (& unbeaten) all season (hopefully this last one is *not* like the Men!).

City Women seem to have mimicked the Men this season ... they were chasing the Quadruple then went out of Europe and chased domestic treble instead (like Men) ... won the League Cup (like Men) ... in FA Cup final (like Men) ... and finished 2nd in league on final day, despite being neck-and-neck with another team (& unbeaten) all season (hopefully this last one is *not* like the Men!).

Tbf, we were virtually certain to finish second in the Women’s League for the last month or two of the season. Arsenal were playing the make weights of the League and won the title before the final round of games. You are right on the Cups.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.