Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I was embarrassed by that and by the "is this a library" chant when people were only quiet because they were concerned for Ellie as her situation looked very bad. I apologise on behalf of Chelsea fans everywhere. In the main, the culprits are young and steeped in the idea that such behaviour counts as getting behind your team. We are trying to educate them I promise you.

For completeness, I will tell everyone who does not already know that the vast majority of Chelsea fans, myself included, were as concerned as everyone else when Ellie was in trouble, and that we were on our feet applauding and cheering for her as she was carried off.
If your at the game call em out there n then, don't apologise on here. Your racist scum fans will never change, whether it's the men's game or now the women's.'

Nice of the Chelsea male dick head fans that have been chanting shit all game booing her when she went down injured. I’m sure all the regular match going women’s fans are delighted that that element is creeping into the game - the same with the uni*ed fans. Can’t get away from the knob heads!

With some fans they latch on to any success and bring the whole baggage with them. It's their sheer ignorance that they promote rather than their support of the team.

If your at the game call em out there n then, don't apologise on here. Your racist scum fans will never change, whether it's the men's game or now the women's.'
You are absolutely right. I should have called them out at the time and I regret not doing so.

What we witnessed yesterday was stupidly misguided tribalism. There was no racist element to it so that part of your comment is addressing a different problem. The tribalism exists everywhere in men's football. At your club, at mine, and everywhere else.

As to racists exhibiting racist behaviour, Chelsea do have self-identifying supporters who are racist. That's a fact. I suggest it would be delusional to imagine that racists don't attach themselves to every club. Chelsea FC can only attempt to deal with our own problem however. The club is committed to doing that, and has an ongoing approach of publicly reviewing its efforts to try to ensure it is doing everything it can. I missed a CFCW home match earlier this season to attend one such gathering. Racism won't go away just because we want it to, so the work will never be over, but it continues. As it should, and as it must.

Last edited:
Yep, I was embarrassed by that and by the "is this a library" chant when people were only quiet because they were concerned for Ellie as her situation looked very bad. I apologise on behalf of Chelsea fans everywhere. In the main, the culprits are young and steeped in the idea that such behaviour counts as getting behind your team. We are trying to educate them I promise you.

For completeness, I will tell everyone who does not already know that the vast majority of Chelsea fans, myself included, were as concerned as everyone else when Ellie was in trouble, and that we were on our feet applauding and cheering for her as she was carried off.

Good sensitive post. Thank you : )

Classy, making a joke out of a serious injury
giphy.gif

I listened to most of the game on Radio Manchester and got quite irritated by the co-commentator who, for some reason seemed to have a grievance against the letter "T".
Steph Or-un, Man Ci-ee. Had to switch to BBC Live Reporting in the end.

I am sorry to see that Pauline Bremer is to leave at the end of the season. I don’t think she has been given the starting opportunities she has deserved and I was hoping that when there was a (welcome) change in management there might have been a different attitude to certain players and the way we play. However, it seems that Pauline is not confident of things changing so she has decided to return to Germany. I don’t know who will now be expected to score 20+ goals a season but if we appoint a new well experienced manager for the future we might be able the attract some new top women who will change a mediocre team into a top European one. We can only hope.
Anyway, thank you Pauline. I and many others have enjoyed your time here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.