Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er, so she did alright then?!
Tbh, I didn’t realise it’s been as long as 3 years that she’d been at Lyon.
Maybe there are different dynamics in the women’s game, just seemed unusual to be coming back to the same team, but of course I agree with you, she’d be a great asset for us.

I guess it makes sense for her as there's only really two or three clubs in England that are competitive enough to compete for her signature and the facilities and structure at City seem like the best around. In terms of wages, Chelsea have thrown a lot of money at Sam Kerr so might not be able to afford the wages of another player of that kind of standing. Plus City have quite a few of the England team on their books so that might appeal to her too.

Anybody heard about Rose Lavelle signing for us or not ?

I think she is a terrific player and would be a great signing .

Rose is an fantastic young player, and seems to be a great person as well. This will be a great signing.

Bronze, Greenwood, Mewis and Lavelle be great additions.

Again, why are these deals only 1 year long?
I think for the American women it may have to do with no more matches in 2020 and maybe when the season begins in the American women's league?

They want to keep playing at a high level and playing in England allows that. For Lavelle, her rights are still owed by OL Reign. Perhaps that is all they would agree to.

I think for the American women it may have to do with no more matches in 2020 and maybe when the season begins in the American women's league?

They want to keep playing at a high level and playing in England allows that. For Lavelle, her rights are still owed by OL Reign. Perhaps that is all they would agree to.
So it's effectively a loan? Same with Mewis?

Does make sense, thanks for answering.

A Rose by any other name would still be a fantastic signing. I'm claiming all the credit for this signing. When we signed Sam Mewis I thought "Twould be nice if we got someone else from that team like, er, Rose Lavelle'! So, no need to thank me, all part of the job of being a FOC from CBL3 and, if we're talking Academy, FOC from E2. All those games we laboured in last year should be a joy to watch this season coming. When can the FOCs from E2 get in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.