Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed too watch the first 8 mins of the women on my phone via FAplayer before the men tonight, and we wasted about 3 great chances in one move in the 2nd minute. Then the 6th minute we gifted them a goal with some sloppy play and a poor pass from Bonner !
I kinda watched both games as best you can, gifted them both goals, missed a penalty, scored (Bonner made up for the mistake), then missed chances, from what I watched we were the better team second half, but I was more watching the blokes, so might not be a fair reflection.

Aren’t we playing arsenal again in a crunch league game 2pm Sunday? Cushings farewell iirc. Let’s hope we can get some revenge then
Hopefully, its a game we need to win if we have any chance of the league.

Chelsea fan.

Big few weeks coming up in the title race. After Arsenal this weekend, you host Chelsea in three weeks. Those two games will probably go a long toward determining the destination of the title.
You have nothing to worry about believe me, all we do is fart around in our own half of the pitch.

You have nothing to worry about believe me, all we do is fart around in our own half of the pitch.
Over the last few seasons you have been our toughest opponents by far. For example, we've won five of the last six encounters with Arsenal, but only two of six against you. Your squad matches up well against us. So well that, regardless of form, City away is always the hardest game on our calendar. I'll be there and I'm looking forward to it.

Considering the resources ploughed in to our Women’s team it really should be winning the title again soon.

I realise the salary cap plays a part but seeing a succession of the top players leaving to step up every year - Duggan, Bronze, Christianson, Paris - can’t be good for progression.

I understand Walsh plonked in a transfer request and she’s a City fan - is she the next out of the door after this season? Used to take my daughter to some games but she’s lost interest as in her words “the best players keep leaving.”

Last edited:

Never seen a team so obsessed with passing back to their keeper. In a league where mistakes are common; I think a more direct approach and more pressing would bring benefits.

Has there been any news about who will replace Nick Cushing ?

Think it's his last game in charge of the team tomorrow.

Has there been any news about who will replace Nick Cushing ?

Think it's his last game in charge of the team tomorrow.

I’d hope we’d have someone lined up but I guess it would be insensitive to announce it ahead of tomorrow. Monday morning announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.