Women's Team 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we fuck off with the posts begging for Steph Houghton to be removed from the team please? Even saying her performance today wasn’t good enough in a game we won 7-0 FFS. The posts reminds me of the sort that would beg for Kompany to be kicked out of the club the moment he had a bad game and got another injury.

We’re a much better side with our captain than we would be without. She’s been through a ton of shit and her performances are still fantastic considering. Just unbelievable the lack of loyalty from some on here especially when they probably barely been to any of the games.
We have to remember that some posters don't actually understand football. They think all players should be 200% every match - any lapse & they start calling for them to be dropped. They also don’t comprehend the importance & influence of a captain.
Best to ignore them but I know from experience it’s hard because such comments get you so mad!!

Can we fuck off with the posts begging for Steph Houghton to be removed from the team please? Even saying her performance today wasn’t good enough in a game we won 7-0 FFS. The posts reminds me of the sort that would beg for Kompany to be kicked out of the club the moment he had a bad game and got another injury.

We’re a much better side with our captain than we would be without. She’s been through a ton of shit and her performances are still fantastic considering. Just unbelievable the lack of loyalty from some on here especially when they probably barely been to any of the games.
Super Steph is the best leader of the team. She offers far more than just her playing performance on the pitch. If she's fit she should play. First on the team sheet.

Reactions: CC1

Sorry, I don’t think my post was “begging for SH to be removed from the side”. I was merely starting a debate about planning for the future. Maybe you should re read my post. If you still believe what you wrote,well we will have to leave it there.

I only watched the first half really, but that is the most efficient they have ever been.

Villa were awful defensively (lets hope the men are as bad on Wednesday night), but we were pretty ruthless considering who was missing, and good to give a couple of youngsters their debuts.

We need to win the remaining "big" games now, and we can win the WSL title back.

Where was Gareth Taylor ?

I only watched the first half really, but that is the most efficient they have ever been.

Villa were awful defensively (lets hope the men are as bad on Wednesday night), but we were pretty ruthless considering who was missing, and good to give a couple of youngsters their debuts.

We need to win the remaining "big" games now, and we can win the WSL title back.

Where was Gareth Taylor ?
Commentators said he was self isolating . Let's hope some of our stars are fit for Wednesday. Can see it being a lot tougher game against Chelsea on Wednesday then Villa today . Also think the winners from Wednesday will be favourites for the cup !

Commentators said he was self isolating .
Thanks, I had the sound off.

We'll still be missing the USA based players I assume, so it could be a tricky game, but if we lose that one due to a weakened side, I won't be too worried.

The big 2 this year are the WSL and the CL, which with everyone fit, I genuinely think we can win both, especially with the new signing on top of the squad we have.

I wonder if some were actually rested today ?

How did the 2 youngsters look, I had to go out before they came on ?

Thanks, I had the sound off.

We'll still be missing the USA based players I assume, so it could be a tricky game, but if we lose that one due to a weakened side, I won't be too worried.

The big 2 this year are the WSL and the CL, which with everyone fit, I genuinely think we can win both, especially with the new signing on top of the squad we have.

I wonder if some were actually rested today ?

How did the 2 youngsters look, I had to go out before they came on ?
They came on and slottted in , to be fair Villa didn't offer much so not much for them to done really , still good for a couple of Accademy players to get some first team match time

Yes, this what I feared!
6-0 in the first half and 1-0 in the second tells a story. Villa weren't particularly better in the second half but we seem to develop a sort of 'Hey, Ho, have this pass' and all a team has to do is keep shape and shift up, down over or across and it nullifies a move. I think another noticeable and clear distinction between the men's and women's game is the level of touch and control. You see players like David Silva and Bernardo, Mahrez and Foden, not to mention the Son of Drongen, and the ball is killed, captured, stone fuckin' dead in a twinkle. Staggering and stunning. I don't know of a woman football with the appropriate level of control - pass is made and ball bounces a yard away.

6-0 in the first half and 1-0 in the second tells a story. Villa weren't particularly better in the second half but we seem to develop a sort of 'Hey, Ho, have this pass' and all a team has to do is keep shape and shift up, down over or across and it nullifies a move. I think another noticeable and clear distinction between the men's and women's game is the level of touch and control. You see players like David Silva and Bernardo, Mahrez and Foden, not to mention the Son of Drongen, and the ball is killed, captured, stone fuckin' dead in a twinkle. Staggering and stunning. I don't know of a woman football with the appropriate level of control - pass is made and ball bounces a yard away.

That's an interesting viewpoint and something I briefly considered a few months back.

I will say this about the differences between the men and women; for the women, depending on the level of ability of the opponents, they get VERY little time on the ball as the press can be on them immediately. That's not to say it happens all the time, but I find it a notable difference as a spectacle.

Of course, for the men, more often than not, the oppo stands off trying to contain the next phase of play, rather than be sucked in and bypassed.

I find the differences subtle, but enough to create a different way of watching/ playing the game as a whole.

That's an interesting viewpoint and something I briefly considered a few months back.

I will say this about the differences between the men and women; for the women, depending on the level of ability of the opponents, they get VERY little time on the ball as the press can be on them immediately. That's not to say it happens all the time, but I find it a notable difference as a spectacle.

Of course, for the men, more often than not, the oppo stands off trying to contain the next phase of play, rather than be sucked in and bypassed.

I find the differences subtle, but enough to create a different way of watching/ playing the game as a whole.
And no matter what political and verbal gymnastics the advertising wallahs and football apparatchiks come out with, they are the same theoretical and visual game (bag of air being kicked about a big field using the same LotG) but the contrast in how they are played is stark. The women will never have the pace, power nor trickery, but you don't go to a women's game to watch a male game of football. I enjoy both of them. I just wish the women would remove at least 10% of the passes and look for a forward pass first. There was an occasion yesterday where two City players were forward of the woman on the ball and a pass to either was quite a simple affair but it was as though the programming had been set that the ball had to go back knowing that we had a player without a Villa player within twenty yards. No pressure on at all, time wasted. I've never seen a goal scored from a backward pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.