Women's Team - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt losing Bronze is hurting the balance going forward although Raso was once again excellent - didn't understand taking her off at all. Taylor seems to fall into that old fashioned way of managing having certain favourites. Kennedy should have started this game, she has a big presence and would have been a threat on corners. Beckie too is riding the wave of her gold medal and it was odd to drop her to the bench after a good performance at the weekend. I feel we have a good squad but just an average manager.
We definitely have a good squad. There is no disagreement there. I just feel, and I may be incorrect, Greenwood is all around a better player than Stokes. And that isn't meant to be a slight on Demi Stokes.

I agree about Beckie. If you have a player ripping up trees at the moment let her do her thing and she more than likely will come good. She is a good player, and a hard worker. Maybe she is peaking? It would be nice if someone other than the fans watching her play was aware of it.

Jill Ellis is not coaching anywhere at the moment. She is English (dual citizenship) has played in and coached in America at the highest level so has knowledge of how the game is played outside England. We could do a lot worse than hiring her.

I understand some of the US Women's team players had issues with her but I'd imagine you pick a team and someone on it won't much like the manager. She also, may not want to leave living in Florida. In any case, she'd be the first name I called if we were looking to replace Taylor. All this said, she is/was a rag fan when when was a child in Portsmouth. :-(

Agree. The player that is most missed is Chloe Kelly - genuine game changer. Keira Walsh seems irreplaceable in midfield. Bunny Shaw looks totally unfit and seems to run through treacle. Caroline Weir needs to start producing consistent quality. Lauren Hemp is becoming the new Raheem Sterling - great runs and no end product. Should have gone for Ebony Salmon as new striker.
I haven't seen much of Shaw, to be honest. Would I be mistaken in saying her game is based on power but beyond that she doesn't have a lot of tools in her toolbox?

We definitely have a good squad. There is no disagreement there. I just feel, and I may be incorrect, Greenwood is all around a better player than Stokes. And that isn't meant to be a slight on Demi Stokes.

I agree about Beckie. If you have a player ripping up trees at the moment let her do her thing and she more than likely will come good. She is a good player, and a hard worker. Maybe she is peaking? It would be nice if someone other than the fans watching her play was aware of it.

Jill Ellis is not coaching anywhere at the moment. She is English (dual citizenship) has played in and coached in America at the highest lever so has knowledge of how the game is played outside England. We could do a lot worse than hiring her.

I understand some of the US Women's team players had issues with her but I'd imagine you pick a team and someone on it won't much like the manager. She also, may not want to leave living in Florida. In any case, she'd be the first name I called if we were looking to replace Taylor. All this said, she is/was a rag fan when when was a child in Portsmouth. :-(
Alex Greenwood is a vastly better player than Demi Stokes - the luckiest player to make the GB Women’s team in Tokyo. Alex Greenwood omitted!! Unreal.
Jill Ellis - why not. We don’t need any more overrated USA players in the City squad - thought Rose Lavelle was awful, Sam Mewis very hit and miss and Abbi Dahlkemper ultra negative. Wonder what they cost In wages? Too much.

We seem to want to play a quite technical pass and move game but our passing is dreadful. We have little control and rely on individual skill to create things. I wouldn’t normally say this but in women’s football we’d be better off being a bit more direct. The team seems to have stagnated… we’ve got good players but we rarely if ever put 90 minutes together.
I was thinking, is this the fourth season we've been put out by a Spanish team ?
Maybe instead of the "pass it across the back four" with more backward passes then a rugby team , we should go for the old Wimbledon style against these Spanish teams , ie get it up and in their faces !
The "passing keep ball" works well in the WSL against more of the English teams , but it's not working against these Spanish teams !

A shocking indictment that we can't beat a team that's only been in existence for a couple of years. Very poor that we haven't got through this qualifying round. We just don't seem to have the ability to turn things around when certain players are off their game. We also only have one way of playing and any substitutions are just like-for-like so the opposition don't have to do anything different if they are coping with our style.

Heads need to roll. Not reaching the CL proper is an embarrassing return. We're regressing at an alarming rate under the current coaches.
Real Madrid worked hard tonight, closing down and defending well, but we really never troubled them.
Maybe if we put that chance in , (the one where Ellen White pass too Caroline Weir for a tap in) things may of been different .
But end of the day I did think Real Madrid were nothing special, and I expect Chelsea and Arsenal would of put these too bed with easy .

I'm surprised we didn't come back although missing the open goal maybe showed it wasn't our day
Quite a few players didn't play well although 2 that did, Losada and Raso got taken off.
I've seen quite a bit of Demi Stokes and she is so one dimensional it seems she stifles a lot of the play. Also missing Bronze big time

Gareth Taylor, poor player, poor youth team coach, poor women’s team coach, he has been consistent, for a long time

I always thought Taylor was an odd appointment. Really thought we should have gone for a top female coach when Cushing moved on. It’s a bit of an insult to the women’s team that we use it as a training ground to develop a coach - if we are serious about dominating women’s football…. We need a top coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.