Women's team - Clinch Champions League spot with 3-0 win over Everton

A bit of spark has gone out of the team, even before CFC wrapped up the title. We've struggled to break down very ordinary teams and the first half tonight was very similar. Lovely goal from Claire Emslie on the stroke of HT, and then the second half proved too much for Yeovil. We missed as many as we scored but at least Nikki Parris put three of them away! The glory hunters were absent tonight. Glorious evening at ko, but only 700 odd turned up!

Hi
City now 2 -0 Emslie. You will see from my recent posts that I believe that a new management team is now required to move the women’s team forward next year. Tonight’s selection just bares that view out. I really do not put the blame for the past few months on the players. The main problem is the manager. He does not seam to be able to motivate the players especially if we go behind and his team selection is, as you say, strange to say the least. Anyway I hope they win this and the next game to leave us open for next years Champions league. We will need this to attract new, better players.
Come on City!!
Ended up a good win , but like you said , we need some changes in the summer , management and playing staff . I think we have a nucleus of a good young squad, just think we need some more experienced/ old players in to guided them

I think there are unresolved 'issues' with SH and Aluko!

A number of City players including SH backed the wrong horse. NP did the whole running to the manager goal celebration. Must feel pretty foolish now. There were rumours Sampson was going to file for unfair dismissal which would have been entertaining but given he’s now out of time he must have thought better of it !

A number of City players including SH backed the wrong horse. NP did the whole running to the manager goal celebration. Must feel pretty foolish now. There were rumours Sampson was going to file for unfair dismissal which would have been entertaining but given he’s now out of time he must have thought better of it !

I was surprised City allowed SH to make the comments she did, usually the club are very very careful with what players say. Given that there have been stories around the womens game much, much earlier about said activities, allegedly cty would have been aware.

Aluko is overated anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.