Women's Team Thread 2024/2025

From an outsider’s view on the England women’s team - how isn’t Earps the starter given the media hype around her after the Euros and during the World Cup?

Did her form drop off a cliff?

Dropped from the PSG team last week so yes..
Not to worry,Wiegman will still pick her to start in the next international fixture.

Last few seasons Taylor has only worked with a core 11/12/13 in training. Subs and fringe players were left to work with other coaching staff (and Houghton led some training). It was very much a case of if your not in his 11, you felt like you were cast aside and you were only going to get in/get back in if an injury or suspension happened.

He's also an "I speak you listen" manager and there wasn't ever any opportunity to offer your opinion or speak about your concerns etc.... not always a bad thing but also not very good for player management at times, especially when players go away with international teams and are offered different advice and told they need to play more which causes conflict when back with you club side.

I'll add that this was the case in previous seasons and I no longer have the sources at the club to clarify if this is still the case, there have also been a number of backroom changes so this could now be different. I suppose I'll have to give Taylor the benefit of doubt after masterminding one of the best performances and results in the clubs history against Barcelona.

Maybe that is Taylor's plan ?

Hard to tell at times what his plan is.
Whilst we are all aware of Gareth’s footballing genius, Chloe has played some games for us and I just can’t remember her doing anything.

If there’s a frosty relationship and a player doesn’t do much when played, there’s generally only one result.

Obviously I'm not aware of what the stumbling blocks are on the contract negotiations between the player and club but it's usually one of 2 things: Money or playing time. We pretty much don't guarentee the latter and we're currently stacked in the RW position. Maybe Chloe sees herself on a par with other key players like Lauren and Bunny and wants parity with them. Unfortunately her performances towards the back-end of last season especially just don't match those expectations. So if the negotiations have reached an impasse then Taylor is right to give the game time to Mary & Aoba ahead of Chloe. I think Fowler has a higher potential ceiling than Kelly anyway and while not playing in her preferred central role still showed what she brings to the team in the Barcelona game.

Not a surprise given Kelly sees herself as a major star; tbh I think shes quite overrated. Decent player but trading off that England goal has earned her a larger reputation than she probably deserves.

The inference from Taylor's wording is shes having a sulk at not being an automatic starter; whether thats true or not, who knows. With the Womens team doing well news like this isnt going to help - however its also worth counter balancing this with noting that with the resources and playing staff we have, the Womens Team have underachieved whilst Taylor has been the manager.
I’m not saying some of the other criticisms of Taylor aren’t valid, but in this particular instance my take would be the same as yours.

I’ve been pleased to see Fowler being picked ahead of her tbh. Kelly’s ego/profile won’t let her settle to be a super sub, so my attitude would be, thanks for all you’ve done for us, now off you pop.

Here's another 'balanced' BBC commentary.....his pitiful whine at the end sums up their sports coverage

"Not at all what Liverpool deserved"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.