Wonder goals.

as a goalkeeper I didn't have many chances to score, however during a cup match after a 4-4 draw I finally got a chance to score in the penalty shootout.

with the scores on 11-10 up steps peace frog, placed the ball on the spot and walked back a few paces, took a few deep breathes and stared at the opposing keeper, the crowd went silent, the world stopped,as I ran to the ball my heart racing ,I could hear my heart beat pounding in my ears my legs turned to jelly and the other fucking keeper saved it.....****

we lost 11-10 on penalties, there was a newspaper clipping of it somewhere.

as for the op ,no pics or vids of the wonder goal then im not having it :)

Moss Side Leisure Centre, circa '81, a shot from around 30 yards that went in like a bullet. The whole time the ball stayed around 6 inches from the floor and is still talked about, by me!

In my long and uneventful career at full back for Kingsway/Ridge Danyers/Stockport Junior Blues/Cheadle Hulme/Royal Marines I was never known as being a prolific goal scorer, in fact I only got one in my whole career but what a cracker! Playing for the Marines vs the police we were 3-2 down in the last few minutes, we got a corner and I was loitering with no intent near the half way line. The corner was cleared out to me by the police defence and I just wellied it to get it back into the mixer - the fucker flew like a rocket into to the top right corner and the keeper had no chance. I didn't even celebrate as I had no clue what to do. Just turned around and got set up for the next kick off!!

I moved to the states at 25 and joined my work football team. I had no skill but would run all day. That day I came on about 60 mins in (told to play middie - no clue what it was). There was a corner and the ball flew out towards me at about 30 yards out. I leathered it but the hardest toe-poke I could muster (no skill so king of toe-pokes). It speed off about 2 yards too high, then weaved from left to right and at the last moment dipped into the top corner - first a fingertip from the goal keeper. My best goal ever (only have about 5 to choose from).

I ran off to celebrate in Rosler fashion. The coach saw me on my knee and took me off thinking I was injured. My moment was gone. But every time I see Uwe Rosler I think of MY wonder goal.

(that said I can't find any gif or youtube of Rosler's one knee and punch celebration - maybe I'm just dreaming it all).

I've witnessed a couple from the same player, 1 of my team mates for 1 team scored a header from the halfway line and then for another team the same player scored from about 10 yards into the opposition half out on the left hand touch line(it was an absolute rocket). My strike partner for a couple of teams completed a hat trick once after around 8 games in a row getting a brace the hat trick goal came as a cleared ball fell to him around 35yards out in about the Middle of the goal and was unleashed with a right foot curling just inside the right hand post.
The best I'd done was jumping I front of a keeper trying to clear a pass back and deflecting it in with my balls. I was also on the bench for the other wonder goals haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.