Wordle

Today's Wordle got me thinking- what is the perfect number of tries to get a Wordle in?

I got it first go once. I thought that would feel like a really special thing but it just felt like an anti-climax. There was no skill involved, it just turned out that my usual starting word happened to be the word they had used on that day. Blind luck.

Similarly if you get it in two- there is very little room for using skill to get from an initial guess to the answer without a great deal of luck.

Four seems to be very "normal", five is a bad day, whereas six is a really bad squeaky bum day.

I reckon three is the most satisfying score- it means you've had to work it out logically (which is the whole point of a puzzle) but can be proud of your score.

What do you think?

(Oh and today's was three- funny that!)

Today's Wordle got me thinking- what is the perfect number of tries to get a Wordle in?

I got it first go once. I thought that would feel like a really special thing but it just felt like an anti-climax. There was no skill involved, it just turned out that my usual starting word happened to be the word they had used on that day. Blind luck.

Similarly if you get it in two- there is very little room for using skill to get from an initial guess to the answer without a great deal of luck.

Four seems to be very "normal", five is a bad day, whereas six is a really bad squeaky bum day.

I reckon three is the most satisfying score- it means you've had to work it out logically (which is the whole point of a puzzle) but can be proud of your score.

What do you think?

This is part of my “get back to sleep” tactic when I am awake in the wee small hours. That means I sometimes make silly mistakes which hopefully I wouldn’t do if I were fully awake! For Wordle my tactics are aimed at trying to keep a long winning run going and hence making fairly conservative choices early on. Octordle rewards early successful guesses and so the tactics make for early speculative guesses which can backfire quite spectacularly! A score of 60 or less is, for me a good result. Quordle is a bit in between where trying to find the four words in six guesses is my idea of of a good win.

What do you think?

That's interesting, I've always felt the most satisfying part of this game is if you get it on the last guess, because, it's a defeat or victory type deal. It's annoying when you have 4 letters in the right place like _LOSS or something and you haven't eliminated the G or the F yet and then you just have to go with your gut

Perhaps you were feeling a bit disoriented?
No, the letters I had left for that last guess were terrible. I was initially shocked when my guess before that wasn't correct. I thought no way I can make a word with what I had left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.