Work In Progress

LEE BRADBURY said:
You can’t say that yet Moomba, over the last few weeks we have seen some improvement in performances and results, Stoke could be just a blip.

7th place is very much up for grabs and with it may well be a European place next season.

I hope we do, but I just can't see us getting to 7th. And I don't think we'll get close to last seasons points tally.

Lot of tough games to go for us, with the top 6 still to come (5 of them away from home) I think it's going to be too much for us though.

So frustrating, because if we'd even managed a small improvement in performances and results from last season we'd still be looking with one eye at a top 4 place (and I bet we'd have found it much easier to recruit higher calibre of signings).

LEE BRADBURY said:
Mike D said:
Blame the players we need to sign more he's only signed 10
Blame the referee
Blame the coaching staff
Blame the owner

But FFS don't blame the manager its not his fault we are in the position we are in
I don’t see what the manager could have done differently today, what other options he had to change the match other than the ones he used.

You don't see what the manager could have done differently?

Okay, I'll give you a few...

At half time as we go in 1-0 down to ten man Stoke, and they are still playing two up front, while we are playing one up front... how's about take off one of the two defensive midfielder we had... who had no one to mark... or a central defender and go 3 at the back and force the game... or bring Caceido on for the whole half rather than 20 minutes as the game is running out... or in the last 5 minutes throw Micah up as a central striker and then launch the ball into the box hoping for a scrambled goal...

Or you could have persisted with the tip-tap tactics of playing numerous passes in front of the Stoke defence, never ONCE getting a decent shot in goal the whole game, never once changing the approach, that had failed dismally throughout the game...

And to the best of my knowledge, Hughes went with the latter option.

I can just about accept a defeat at a pub team like Stoke, but I can't accept that performance today. Clueless tactics, against 10 men for 70 minutes, never looked like scoring, it was just about the most dismal performance of a season littered with dismal performances.

I wonder what the watching Chairman must have thought of it all? A £100m spent and Hughes' team out on the pitch. Maybe he's thinking why the fuck he should bother. I would!

I think it can only be a matter of time now...

Under normal circumstances the time factor has a bearing, this time its so blatantly obvious that the guy has not got a clue, worst still I know there have been several attempts to point out why certain players can not play in positions within his system* from the senior coaches left at City, only to be cut dead by Hughes.

He`s out of his depth, wont take advice, and is a poor judge of players with no motivational skill whatever.

*Its no good playing high balls into the box when your main striker is a 18 inches smaller than the defenders,

Its no good playing a striker thats 3 seconds mentally slower than his strike partner.

Its plain daft to expect a player to go lone striker when he has not even settled into the way the premiership football is played.

Micha Richards is a midfield player who was converted into a very good right back, then into one of a damm good centre pairing, but he aint left footed and can not play well at left back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.