work times

BlueDan91

I was just wondering if anybody knew anything about a problem o have. Recently my work rota has changed from 7-2 to 7-"until finished".
Now I never leave before im finished working but just wanted to know if this was illegal or ill practice to not state the time I am finishing work. The majority of my colleagues work only 7-12 but me and one other have had our rota changed to not have a finish time. Iv looked online but could not find anything.

Do you get paid up until finishing (eg 7am-5pm) or does your pay stop at a certain time (eg 2pm) regardless of how long you work for?

I used to work in a sainsburys and no matter how long it took you to lock up you only got the first 15minutes pay after 11pm it was a right ballache when people kept coming in at 10:59

blue fingers said:
Do you get paid up until finishing (eg 7am-5pm) or does your pay stop at a certain time (eg 2pm) regardless of how long you work for?

if you are paid hourly, I think it's legal if they are paying all your hours (although they must ensure you take adequate breaks) - if you are salaried, then there MUST be a set number of hours you are salaried for - anything extra COULD be classed as overtime, but would be optional.

glen quagmire said:
Are you in a union?

relevant-to-my-interests.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.