World class English players

Loved him mate, one of my favs, however, his game wouldn't of adapted abroad (imo), the quintessential old number 9, he may of done a John Charles but I'm not too sure!

Aye, true. But, he was a bulldozer with finesse. He could score from in the box, outside the box. Left foot, right foot and most certainly with his head.

Worked hard and before the knee trouble he had good pace.

Unique celebration, and who could forget this goal against Everton:

getfile.php

Undoubtedly ahead of his time, hard to judge to be honest.... look at McGrath, he could of been up there with baresi if he was able to lay off the source, incredible player!!
McGrath was up there with Baresi even when he turned up pissed with a dislocated shoulder, incredible player.

Is there more than one English player who could be regarded as world class over the last 25 years??

Paul Scholes

Lock it

That's it. I'd allow for Ferdinand/Terry and maybe Cole to be in the defender conversation. There's a bunch who you could sit and debate about but if you have to do that, then are they really world class? As it should be a no brainer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.