World Cup 2018 | 16th June Matches | Next Game: Croatia v Nigeria 20:00 (BST)

Round up of the day

France didn't look that great. Iceland work their arses off. Messi is a selfish bastard. Peru look great but lose. Danes look mediocre and win. Nigeria looked poor. Croats in control

VAR is shite and will give any form of contact a penalty. Defenders nightmare
Peru sound like to many of the women in my life, i'll get me coat.

Round up of the day

France didn't look that great. Iceland work their arses off. Messi is a selfish bastard. Peru look great but lose. Danes look mediocre and win. Nigeria looked poor. Croats in control

VAR is shite and will give any form of contact a penalty. Defenders nightmare

Bit of a shit show at the working dog last night mate.

Nacho should have started. Nigeria looked much better when he came on.

I think there could be a surprise in this group with Croatia and Iceland going through
Iceland will probably get a point from Croatia and Messi+ Sergio will beat Nigeria on their own, really depends on whether Nigeria get anything v Iceland and whether Messi stops being such a selfish **** against Croatia. Guardiola would have subbed him today.

Argentina don't play Nigeria until the last game, by which time a point might be enough each for Iceland and Croatia to go through.

Next round of games is Iceland v Nigeria and Croatia Vs Argentina.

I expect Iceland to be on 4 points after that, and I genuinely think Croatia are an all round better team than Argentina so would have them as slight favourites for the win.

I presume if 3 teams finish on 5 points (Argentina Croatia draw, Croatia Iceland draw and everybody beets Nigeria) it just goes to goal difference, so basically whoever scores the most against Nigeria?

The argentinian team need to stop looking to Messi to create some kind of wonderous magic......they are static, and if you compare the national team to his Barca team mates then you can see why he struggles. Barca create patterns to make space, the movement from argentina is no where near that level.

Iceland will probably get a point from Croatia and Messi+ Sergio will beat Nigeria on their own, really depends on whether Nigeria get anything v Iceland and whether Messi stops being such a selfish **** against Croatia. Guardiola would have subbed him today.
I lost track of how many times he completely ignored Sergio on the counter, who made great runs in to space (often in the box) time and time again.

I know they are close mates but I would be very frustrated with Messi if I were Kun.

I lost track of how many times he completely ignored Sergio on the counter, who made great runs in to space (often in the box) time and time again.

I know they are close mates but I would be very frustrated with Messi if I were Kun.
I would have punched him. There was one late break where Sergio was in his favourite position running the defence on the right (ala the 93:20 moment) and the Boca lad had pulled 2 defenders on the left and the selfish fucker slowed and tried to beat 3 players alone. Wanker.

I'd laugh if he doesn't play. The commentator was doing my head in. Kept going on about him, last match.

I don't think he's fit at all. The coach had to bring him though because it would have been too damaging psychologically for the players and fans if they left him behind. I expect he'll play some part though, but I don't think he's anywhere near over his injury, and I reckon its been played down by the Egyptian FA to not put a downer on things. It's their first WC in 20 years. Klopp's assessment seemed more realistic.

Nigeria were dreadful. They looked so flat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.