World Cup 2018 | 18th June | England vs Tunisia Match Thread

Anyone know of any pubs that are mostly blues around the centre or elsewhere?

I would really like to watch england games in a pub with a bit of an atmosphere rather than in my living room. My Mrs, die hard city as she is,hates England, whilst I can't stomach going to a pub and listening to sterling get slagged off for 90 mins. Only option is finding a predominantly blue pub.

I didn’t see the game so listened to 5live whilst driving home.
They mentioned the Sterling miss several times not once did they say it was offside, this is the first I’ve known about it.

Yeah, Lingard was flagged as offside as he played it to Sterling, so it wouldn't have counted.

Agree completely. There was no way this set of England players was ever going to break through that 10-man defence in open play once Tunisia started sitting deeper and deeper as the 2nd half wore on. Set pieces were our only hope, but the good news is that we're unlikely to face any other teams that employ those kind of tactics.
Funny thing is when I made very similar comments yesterday someone on here called me a fuckwit. Now I know at least 3 people were watching the same game as me.

Walker - needs to concentrate more as his brainfarts at CB will be punished

I'm still confused as to why you'd play someone who has had a great season at full-back/wing-back as a centre half. He was playing as the middle centre half when they conceded the penalty last night.

Talk about square pegs and round holes.

How about the slagging off for Lingard, Henderson, Deli alli ? Managers tactics. It’s all over my Facebook feed. People just constantly moaning. This for an opening game in which we dominated and won. The slagging off on Sterling is bang out of order but so is the rest of the stick our other lads are getting. We must be the moaniest nation on the planet.
Of course there are positives but the second half was dire, I felt like I was watching Iceland part 2

I'm still confused as to why you'd play someone who has had a great season at full-back/wing-back as a centre half. He was playing as the middle centre half when they conceded the penalty last night.

Talk about square pegs and round holes.
Playing players out of position is par for the course with England managers. Don't know why anyone is surprised

You won, although after they reduced the space you struggled. This will give them a boost. Talk of the best football of the tournament from the commentators was ridiculous.
Dietmarr Hamann said on Irish TV that he thought that in the first 30-ish minutes, England looked like the best team in the tournament so far. Personally, I'd say that Spain, Portugal and arguably Mexico look better, but beyond that, nobody's really had a better half of football. Second half was a bit more laboured, admittedly.

I think Sterling will drop out next game. It just didn’t come off for him. I don’t think he could argue with that decision.
Hmm, I see a lot of this. With Lingard too. Because their end product wasn't good enough, there's talk of dropping them, whereas other players who didn't even get into a position to deliver an end product get a free pass. The fact that Lingard had 5 good chances is a positive thing, which puts him ahead of any of our other midfielders. We know he can finish, because we've seen it for the rags. Same with Sterling. So stick with them and it'll come. However, if you're going to drop Sterling, drop him against Panama and bring him back for Belgium, because that's the game where he'll have more space to operate in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.