World Cup 2018 | 24th June | England vs Panama Match Thread, KO 13:00 (BST)

MCFC1993

I suspect we'll want a different thread for this game as the last one is quite clogged and I'm lost where we're at, feel free to merge if you disagree.

24TH JUNE

ENGLAND VS PANAMA

Match kicks off at 13:00 (BST) on BBC 1. Coverage starts at 12:10 (BST). Gary Lineker presents, analysis from Alan Shearer, Frank Lampard and Rio Ferdinand, commentary from Guy Mowbray and Danny Murphy.

England come into this game off the back of a narrow win vs Tunisia and despite winning it in the last minute they more than deserved it. Harry Kane though largely anonymous for the majority of the game, tucked away 2 crucial goals. A win here vs Panama would pretty much seal qualification. Expect Southgate to probably change a couple of players; think Stones and Walker will start but not as confident for Sterling, Delph I expect to see him start in the harder game vs Belgium.

Goal scorers so far:
Kane (2)

Panama were expected to be the weakest side coming into the tournament and they looked it in their first game vs Belgium. They held off Belgium for a while but I suspect that was largely down to Belgium’s individualism affecting their performance. I expect Panama to just tuck in and try to do the same thing, frustrate us, I think they will be happy just to keep the score down.

No Goal scorers so far.

Group G as it stands:
n2LSWf9.png

It will look different come game time as Belgium play the day before.

I would play:
-----------------------Pickford
--------Walker-------Stones--------Maguire
Trippier-------------Henderson-------------Rose/Delph
-------------Lingard-----------Loftus-Cheek
----------------Sterling----------Kane

I want a left footer at left back and Alli probably won't recover from his knock.

Prediction.

England 3-0 Panama
Kane
Sterling
Rashford.

‘’Young was sh*t’’
‘’Lingard was sh*t’’
‘’Rashford was sh*t’’
‘’We look slow and laboured, all Kane does is score. He’s not good enough. Sterling was the best player. England can fu*k off. Hope we lose next game ‘’

Why are we persisting with this three at the back especially against the likes of Panama.

Southgate got away with it against Tunisia but it was blindingly obvious we didn't need the three defenders and Ashley Young is completely ineffectual in that wing back role.

I would go as follows:
Pickford
walker, stones, maguire, delph
Henderson, Dier, Loftus Cheek
Sterling, kane, vardy,

Looks like Alli will miss the Panama game. Surprised Southgate kept him on to be honest, was never the same after the injury.

Looking forward to this. Watching at the Isle of Wight Festival on a big screen.

Hoping we can play like the first half on Monday but for longer this time.

Come on England!

Looking forward to this. Watching at the Isle of Wight Festival on a big screen.

Hoping we can play like the first half on Monday but for longer this time.

Come on England!
Ah the memories. I watched a 2010 world cup England game on the big screen there and saw Rob Green let that wafty shot in. Didnt spoil the night, the IoW festival is brilliant. Enjoy!

Ah the memories. I watched a 2010 world cup England game on the big screen there and saw Rob Green let that wafty shot in. Didnt spoil the night, the IoW festival is brilliant. Enjoy!

Cheers mate.

Can’t wait now, I’m looking forward to the footy more than anything haha.

-----------------------------Pickford

-----------Walker---------Stones--------Maguire

Trippier------------Henderson------RLC-------------Rose

------------------------------Sterling
------------------Kane---------------------Vardy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.